"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

How does that rice bran hold up if it gets wet? It looks almost like flour, does it wash off and get gummed up if it gets rained on. Of course your's looks like it doesn't last long enough to get rained on.

Okie doesn't get enough rain to know what happens to it during a rain.
Lol, sorry Okie. I had to throw that out there since you've had such a hard time finding moisture lately.

How does that rice bran hold up if it gets wet? It looks almost like flour, does it wash off and get gummed up if it gets rained on. Of course your's looks like it doesn't last long enough to get rained on.
Okie doesn't get enough rain to know what happens to it during a rain.
Lol, sorry Okie. I had to throw that out there since you've had such a hard time finding moisture lately.
Pretty much what catscratch said but on the rare occasions we do get some showers the deer just eat it wet. It will also form a crust when wet and the deer just eat that. I put 80 lbs at a time out with a 40 each in 2 different spots on our place and it lasts 3 days...

I have noticed if I want a picture of every buck in the woods just find a secure spot and put out about 20 lbs and throw a camera up. When we first bought our land a corn feeder would show you what was around but all my "Hunting Camp" folks that bought 10 acre parcels a few years ago all down our east fence all run feeders now and the bucks are super leary of them. I have a couple feeders on our place but nowadays only get pictures of does, crows, and turkeys and the occasional hog on them.

I need to start looking for sheds badly right now but I have a bunch of stuff going on with some more construction getting ready to start on our house and trying to get everything prepped for when the dozer comes in a few days. Exciting times!

After 7 years of drought I'm giving planting a rest. I hope to grow some clover, but it's iffy!

After 7 years of drought I'm giving planting a rest. I hope to grow some clover, but it's iffy!
Clover is certainly very iffy in a drought...I am planting quite a few trees within hose distance of our house all in my plan of creating aesthetic screening around our home place.

19 degrees here now and low 40's for a high today. 30's in the morning and 70's tomorrow afternoon. 60 Friday night and mid 80's Saturday...crazy weather!

My better half prepared me a fantastic Valentines meal that is all on the diet... Eat your heart out Geo

6d672986f27776da5687b0476290e726.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie...Mrs. Kubota did you good my man! That looks fantastic! I had a can of Campbell's Jambalaya and soda crackers. Better half is baby-sitting a sick grand child. Must say I've become a fan of the Campbell's Soup Select series. The Old Fashion Vegetable Beef and the new Jambalaya are both incredibly good if you find yourself solo for a few days.

Back