"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

must be a slow morning in the stand to be posting pics while hunting!

I found 2 tree tubes off trees this past weekend. Scrape marks all over them. They were smaller trees so no damage to the trees.

must be a slow morning in the stand to be posting pics while hunting!

I found 2 tree tubes off trees this past weekend. Scrape marks all over them. They were smaller trees so no damage to the trees.
Really slow...pathetically slow and has been for a couple weeks...

Picked up a little...

4ec4dbe325f63917acee2ad952640caa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a nice deer. How many more inches of bone before you go for a kill?
Crazy what your fruit trees are doing. Ive got a crabapple or two spitting out blossoms. At this rate we could be picking fruit in February.:D

We have lots of barbed wire fences around here too and a lot of times they wear the hair on the tops of the shoulders crawling under in spots...

Thats a nice deer. How many more inches of bone before you go for a kill?
Crazy what your fruit trees are doing. Ive got a crabapple or two spitting out blossoms. At this rate we could be picking fruit in February.:D
It's all about age and this 3.5 yr old doesn't make the cut. I have older bucks with smaller racks that would definitely be in danger ;)

We may see fruit because all of the pollinators are still buzzing around :(

I had a bunch of deer near me or under my stand this morning and last night. When I was leaving I came upon a 3.5 year old running around in circles in a hay field with his nose to the ground. ..at 11am.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's getting crazy in Oklahoma right now!

Wife shot a buck with her compound yesterday morning at around 20 yards. Arrow got only about 4" penetration and the deer ran out of sight and then he started walking. No froth in the blood at all. Deer meandered along a shelf for 300 yards and then stopped and pulled the arrow out. Broadhead lost a blade and the tip was bent like it hit bone.
Deer dropped into creek bottom and then headed uphill and we lost blood when he crossed a road. Deer never bedded and just kept moving. I could see nothing that would lead me to believe he wouldn't be fine. Wife is beating herself up about it but IMO there was nothing she could have done better. Second buck she saw and it was following a doe and she grunted it off the doe to close to her position...

Eli had his final soccer game of the season yesterday afternoon so we decided to go to that so we loaded our gear from deer camp up and headed home. After the game it was too late to try to get a hunt in so we were watching a movie and about 5:15 or so my wife looked out the dining room window and motioned me over to watch a very large 9 point and a smaller 8 or 9 point dogging a doe around our back yard and then stop and feed. I have a camera back there so will be interesting to see the photos. I have a practice ladder stand in the backyard that had I been in it would have made a great ambush site.

This morning I had to come in to the office and with the time change I can actually see when I leave the house now. The same bucks and doe were in the backyard again so I let them leave before I left. 1/2 mile down the road I saw 2 big shooter bucks squaring off with a couple does in the background...

Forecast for today was rain/clouds with a SE wind which seems to be exactly what we are going to get so I chose to work today but the wind switches tonight and our rain chances drop out so I took the next 8 days off to bowhunt...should hit it perfectly!

My brother in law is on his way from SC to OK as we speak...he's 3 hours into a 18 hour drive. I'm going to tell him to set up in your yard!

He's got a 10 day archery hunt planned on public land. I'm very happy for him that the timing seems to be working out. Good luck to y'all!

My brother in law is on his way from SC to OK as we speak...he's 3 hours into a 18 hour drive. I'm going to tell him to set up in your yard!

He's got a 10 day archery hunt planned on public land. I'm very happy for him that the timing seems to be working out. Good luck to y'all!
Which public land is he going to be hunting? Timing is perfect for NE Oklahoma...

I don't know, exactly. He will be NE though. Should be perfect. Looking forward to your and his updates over the next week.

Radishes are showing their drought hardiness.

Didn't see a deer Fri eve or Sat morn......then had nice middle aged bucks in bow range next two sets. Grunted one in Sat eve as a pair chased does, but he had to get within 5 yards before I could tell who it was. One came through early Sun and made two scrapes....every deer for the next few hours worked both scrapes. Walking out, there was one making scrapes at 11 am then bedded in pasture in the wide open. The next couple weeks should be awesome and get older bucks on their feet in daylight. Weird year for sure!

A buddy of mine did that during rifle doe season on a feeder behind his house.Only issue was his wife was watching the deer and talking on the phone when it hit the rifle went off and it hit the ground,she had some choice words

Back