This is maddening.....

readonly

Saturday on the way home from vacation, I stopped at my hunting property to mow and do a few things before making the last hour leg of the drive home. First thing I did was pull the cards on two trail cams, which had over two months worth of pics at that point. So I had the keys to each camera and the two cards in my pocket. Next I went and mowed on a zero turn for close to 4 hours. I stopped for a few minutes a couple times during the mowing to refuel or get a drink. During on of these stop or at the end I realized I still had the keys to the cameras and put them in there designated storing place in the house. I know the cards were still in my pocket at that time. I drive home change and unpack. A couple hours later I remember that I want to see what's on the cards....I go and check the pants pocket, the pants being unmoved since I changed....and the camera cards are gone. I look everywhere in the car and house where they might be, nothing. I convince myself that I must have left them with the keys when I took those out of my pocket. Yesterday evening, I return to the property....they are not with the keys.

I'm not old enough to forget what I did with 2 cards that I was eager and intent on checking. For the life of me I can figure what happened to these. I don't remember doing anything with them nor does it make sense that I would have put them some place. Absent mindedness or bad luck aside....I can't tell you how maddening it is to hold of on checking 2 cameras for over 2 months and then lose the dang cards!!!

Saturday on the way home from vacation, I stopped at my hunting property to mow and do a few things before making the last hour leg of the drive home. First thing I did was pull the cards on two trail cams, which had over two months worth of pics at that point. So I had the keys to each camera and the two cards in my pocket. Next I went and mowed on a zero turn for close to 4 hours. I stopped for a few minutes a couple times during the mowing to refuel or get a drink. During on of these stop or at the end I realized I still had the keys to the cameras and put them in there designated storing place in the house. I know the cards were still in my pocket at that time. I drive home change and unpack. A couple hours later I remember that I want to see what's on the cards....I go and check the pants pocket, the pants being unmoved since I changed....and the camera cards are gone. I look everywhere in the car and house where they might be, nothing. I convince myself that I must have left them with the keys when I took those out of my pocket. Yesterday evening, I return to the property....they are not with the keys.

I'm not old enough to forget what I did with 2 cards that I was eager and intent on checking. For the life of me I can figure what happened to these. I don't remember doing anything with them nor does it make sense that I would have put them some place. Absent mindedness or bad luck aside....I can't tell you how maddening it is to hold of on checking 2 cameras for over 2 months and then lose the dang cards!!!
I feel your pain. I store lots of pics, data and other information on a flash drive. It literally has years worth of data on it. One day I was home and went to post a pic off of it onto a forum and everything went fine and I got pulled into some task for the wife. Any way - I come back to my laptop and it's shut down and put away in my bag. The wife did this.....but I couldn't find the flash drive. I couldn't find it anywhere. I about tore the house apart looking for it. I finally found it....for some reason when I got up I pulled it from the computer and laid it on the counter where one of the kids knocked it back behind some things. I didn't recall doing it, but I did. I was VERY upset at the possibility of having lost all that information.

I hope you find your cards. Stay calm and don't give up. I know EXACTLY where they will be.....they will be in the last place you look!:D

Happens to me all the time...I have lost countless cards from my pocket while running equipment...I figure they just slide out easy in a seated position...I also have to keep several 4 wheeler keys as backups...

If your keys were in the same pocket as your cards you might have pulled them out of your pocket when you pulled your keys out. I do it all the time.

Found!
Don't ask me how they got here.....the keys to the cameras are kept on the mantle of a basement fireplace. I went inside to take a phone call. The call was dragging on and I was feeling pacing the room. I kicked a pair of fireplace gloves to the side under the mantle, and there under the gloves were the 2 cards.....how they got there I have no idea, but don't really care.....if there are any interesting pics on them I will share.

Found!
Don't ask me how they got here.....the keys to the cameras are kept on the mantle of a basement fireplace. I went inside to take a phone call. The call was dragging on and I was feeling pacing the room. I kicked a pair of fireplace gloves to the side under the mantle, and there under the gloves were the 2 cards.....how they got there I have no idea, but don't really care.....if there are any interesting pics on them I will share.
OK. We will be expecting great pictures from those 2 cards!!!

I lost a card last year. Pretty sure of where it came out of my pocket, searched the ground for an hour and never found the damn thing! I was pissed.

No bears and no trespassers, so nothing too exciting. A couple of bucks that are filling out nicely but nothing that looks to be a monster. The most interesting for me are these triplets...which is not common in my area, and this 2 pic series of a buck taken from a good ways that I have cropped and blown up a little....can't tell for sure but looks like it might be a deformed rack.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
I take a laptop out to my cameras. Pull the cards, download the pics, wipe and reformat, and put right back in the camera. I'm almost never clean when checking cams, so the less contact those cards have in my pockets full of sawdust, lime, sweat, and dirt, the better. I've seen that card juggling get ugly. Is this one clean? Which one came outta that cam? Did I download what I wanted off that card? Is it ready to go back out? Did I bring the spares with me?

Laptop.

Back