South Texas hogs and javelinas

Nice. This is the same place you were shooting the Javalina?

No, those first pics were from past trips at various ranches. Some places have good javelina populations and some don't. Generally the further south and west you go, the better the javelina hunting.

We had a great experience at the Lincoln Ranch recently with javelina. They had a lot a few years back: http://www.lincolnranch.com/Hog Hunting/hoghunt.htm

Last edited:
You look like the "killingest guy" too.

G
Think it had something to do with the wooden home made arrows and stick bow deal...3 pinwheels in less than an hour hunt time is what got the comment...don't think looks had anything to do with it ;)

Did I tell you about the time my buddies on the deer lease razzed me about being gone for a draw in hunt in McAlester AAP in Oklahoma for the traditional archery only deer hunt on the same weekend as our Muzzleloader season was to begin...Hunt was to be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and our ML season opened Saturday...I killed both my deer Friday and was in my camper on the deer lease at 10 PM that night and on stand with my ML the next morning...297 hunters killed 14 deer that whole weekend on that hunt...2 were mine...

Back