Small plot ?

Lphc

My little plot is 20yds x50yds planting a mix of brassica,ground hog radish,purple top turnips and rape my ph was 4.9 it calls for 6 ton per acre of lime was wondering how much I need for this size plot thanks

Last edited:
Did you toss down any lime or fertilizer. Hope the plot turns out great. Sometimes those small plantings of brassicas can get wiped out pretty fast.

Pop a couple pics for us when gets up and going.
Todd

My little plot is 20yds x50yds planting a mix of brassica,ground hog radish,purple top turnips and rape my ph was 4.9 it calls for 6 ton per acre of lime was wondering how much I need for this size plot thanks

1000 square yards is equal to roughly 0.20 acres, so you need to add 6 tons x 0.2 = 1.2 tons of lime. That is a lot of lime to add to a small plot at 1 time, so maybe do half now and half next year. Incorporate it by disking if you can.

This is an oversimplification to a somewhat complicated answer, but it should get you moving in the right direction.

I was curious and i don't mean to hijack this thread. But is it possible to over lime a field? If yes, what would it do to your plot?

1000 square yards is equal to roughly 0.20 acres, so you need to add 6 tons x 0.2 = 1.2 tons of lime. That is a lot of lime to add to a small plot at 1 time, so maybe do half now and half next year. Incorporate it by disking if you can.

This is an oversimplification to a somewhat complicated answer, but it should get you moving in the right direction.

Simple math 60'x150'=9,000sq feet/the sq' of one acre 43,560=.2066x6ton=1.2397ton

G

Back