round up ratio. been

widow maker

Been awhile since I sprayed roundup. Going on memory I want to say a good strong recipe would be 6 ounces of Roundup per 1 gallon of water? What do you all think of that racial? Feedback is appreciated. Thanks

All I will suggest is read the label. It's all going to depend on what you are trying to kill and how mature it is.

As a general rule I mix mine at 2%, but for perennial weeds or mature weeds you often need a "hotter" mix. Spot treatment tend to be listed as percentages, while spraying larger areas tend to suggest a maximum amount of chemical applied per acre. This means you can use as much or as little water as a carrier for the chemical as long as you disperse it evenly over that acre area.

I have been successful with 3oz per gallon but what matters is how many gallons per acre you use. I run my atv pulling my 30gal sprayer at about 4 mph with 3oz per gallon and it works good for me. I use around 18-20 gallons of water per acre.

3 ounces per gallon would be a strong recipe. Normally 2 ounces would be good enough. Are you using a hand sprayer or an atv type sprayer? What are you trying to kill?

Grass can be killed at 1 ounce/gallon in a hand pump sprayer.

All I will suggest is read the label. It's all going to depend on what you are trying to kill and how mature it is.

As a general rule I mix mine at 2%, but for perennial weeds or mature weeds you often need a "hotter" mix. Spot treatment tend to be listed as percentages, while spraying larger areas tend to suggest a maximum amount of chemical applied per acre. This means you can use as much or as little water as a carrier for the chemical as long as you disperse it evenly over that acre area.
If I remember right I used to do 2% as well. Would that be considered 6 ounces per gallon?

3 ounces per gallon would be a strong recipe. Normally 2 ounces would be good enough. Are you using a hand sprayer or an atv type sprayer? What are you trying to kill?

Grass can be killed at 1 ounce/gallon in a hand pump sprayer.
It's just general weeds and grasses. It hasn't been planted or killed for years. There's some berry briers but I'm not going to worry about those where they're thick I'm going to leave them and where the thin I'll kill and disc through them

Its based on how tall what youre trying to kill is, the taller, the more you need. BUT don't underestimate the size, if you've got 5 weeds out there that are 30" tall and the rest are 24" or shorter, then you figure on 30" not 24". That's how weve gotten into the roundup resistant weed mess.
For spraying around building and such, we use 3oz Rup and 3oz 2-4d per gallon.

When I am spraying woody species I will go strong with 6oz per gallon-species such as briar or poison ivy. For spot spraying plots or around my tree tubes I use 2 to 3 oz per gallon. Usually just killing grasses and Broadleaf weeds.

Back