question about moisture mizer

Mitch

I just planted some trees recently and wasn't able to apply the moisture mizer. My question is, can I just sprinkle it on the ground at the base of my tree and cover with landscape fabric? Or does it need to be actually in the ground closer to the roots?

Moisture mixer is most beneficial in the ground close to the roots. I’m not sure if it would provide an benefit on top of the ground under the weed mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

you can bore some holes around the root ball with a rod or auger and drop it in. make the holes 4 -10 inches deep if you can. Dont put it near the surface because it will intercept water that would have been needed deeper in the soil.

Mitch,

Do what Cap'n said. Just take a crow bar or spade shovel and separate the ground in multiple areas around the tree and place the moisture mizer in that opening and use your heel to close it back up. If we get the MM below the ground it will not run off but will go downward toward the roots.

If you are concerned - do a smaller circle and then a larger circle around the seedling.

Trust me - moisture mizer is going to help the seedling. Do an experiment in your yard. Find a small depression where it can't run off and place a teaspoon of moisture mizer on the ground in that area. The next time it rains go look at it. If you don't want to wait on the rain, use a hose pipe after 2 or 3 hours - spray it fairly good. Maybe not instantly but in hours you will be the expansion properties of the product ( the ability to retain water). It looks like a water blob or jelly. Great product that does as advertised.

Good luck and Merry Christmas teach.

Wayne

Wayne,

Where ya been?

seeing you post reminds me that its getting close to "waking up the chestnuts" in fridge and starting my 3rd year growing them from seed

bill

Wayne,

Where ya been?

seeing you post reminds me that its getting close to "waking up the chestnuts" in fridge and starting my 3rd year growing them from seed

bill
I took the fall off from collecting and shipping chestnuts for others. I too am thinking about starting a new batch of chestnuts in January. I have about 50 off my trees in my yard - really excited about those.

I have some chestnuts from trees off my wife's grandfathers land that are important to me also. Been working with my labs on shed hunting and the oldest one is ready for wild antlers. He is polished and sound on Hunt Test. He has improved to finding antlers at the rate of 54 to 56 seconds each on a hunt test.

The youngest dog is in Indiana with a full time training - same trainer that Scotty went to and he has the magical touch.

Going to travel some in March, April and May hunting sheds out of state.

Hope you are well.

Wayne

Back