Plot place holder

About 60 percent of the property was recently logged or will have been logged in a few months. I'm looking forward to watching all the browse emerge as sunlight hits the ground.

I haven't seen honeysuckle yet but haven't spent much time on the property. I'll take more pictures next month, especially when I run into unknown species.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

If it's the same honeysuckle we have in SW Ohio I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is good deer browse but with the 1st frost the leaves all fall off and there's nothing left. My whole farm is covered with it. Only place it doesn't grow is my cattle pastures and my driveway. But it does try to grow there to.
The guy who brought it to the USA should be tared and feathered and shipped back.

If it's the same honeysuckle we have in SW Ohio I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is good deer browse but with the 1st frost the leaves all fall off and there's nothing left. My whole farm is covered with it. Only place it doesn't grow is my cattle pastures and my driveway. But it does try to grow there to.
The guy who brought it to the USA should be tared and feathered and shipped back.
Bush honeysuckle is relatively easy to control since the leaves stay green longer than anything else in the woods in the fall, and In a lot of areas are the first thing to green up in the spring, although i recommend fall control. Get a Stihl backpack sprayer, load it up with roundup, pretend you have an AR, and blast the stuff to the afterlife for evil bushes. The best time in our zone is just after Thanksgiving.

It's Japanese honeysuckle here. So thick in places you can't walk through the area. It seems nothing grows under it. I would have to spray every square inch of my property that's not in a cattle pasture field. Makes great brush areas but it's a severe plague here. Every where a bird drops it's dropping there a new plant.
Some of the older bushes are 25 ft tall and 6-8" at the base. Cut it off and later there are 5-6 new sproots.

https://www.invasive.org/browse/subthumb.cfm?sub=3039&start=1

Back