Passions beyond Deer & Family?

1. I am also a huge Cubs fan!
2. I have a 1948 plymouth coupe in my garage that used to get lots of attention from me when I was into cars.
3. The one and only thing on my bucket list is to somehow get into a jet and break the sound barrier.
4. I would trade everything I own for a place on the water anywhere in S/W Florida or the Keys. Buy a 24 foot CC to fish in. I LOVE SLATWATER FISHING!

1. I am also a huge Cubs fan!

Seabee - I just got done ordering my tickets for when the Cubs play the Reds in Cincinnati at the end of the month. I'm taking all my kids - the wife wants to stay home and enjoy the quiet. My 2 youngest (Rizzo & Bryant fans) have never been to a pro game before and are bouncing off the walls right now! We got great seats about 20 rows off the field behind the visitors dugout......now I just have to find my "W" flag!!!

A few years ago I got into National Wild Turkey Federation Still Target Competitions big time. I've shot 200 12 Gauge, 3-inch magnum turkey loads in a single day working on guns and choke combinations, which might explain my brain damage...:D

I've won 12 World Championships, a bunch of State Championships and broke World Records 6 or 7 times - including one in the 20 Gauge Hunter Division Last year in 2015.

I used to be eat up with this, and woke up in the middle of the night thinking of new things to try in order to be more competitive. But now its more of a burden than an enjoyment. I hardly work at it anymore and sure ain't going to set all day practicing. I keep doing it because of all my friends who are in it.

The important things to me now are my church, my faith, my family and working my land. A hundred years from now a trophy and a championship will mean nothing, but some things will still matter.

Last edited:
A few years ago I got into National Wild Turkey Federation Still Target Competitions big time. I've shot 200 12 Gauge, 3-inch magnum turkey loads in a single day working on guns and choke combinations, which might explain my brain damage...:D

I've won 12 World Championships and broke World Records 6 or 7 times - including one in the 20 Gauge Hunter Division Last year in 2015.

I used to be eat up with this, and woke up in the middle of the night thinking of new things to try in order to be more competitive. But now its more of a burden than an enjoyment. I hardly work at it anymore and sure ain't going to set all day practicing. I keep doing it because of all my friends who are in it.

The important things to me now are my church, my faith, my family and working my land. A hundred years from now a trophy and a championship will mean nothing, but some things will still matter.

Thats pretty cool. I love the pursuit of excellence irrespective of the venue. Congrats

Great thread!
I like to run, crash cars, play with classic cars, and play my cello.
They have you take pics with cheerleaders when you win races. :)
eeab643ab5b53d1451fb5638b404c4de.jpg

f2283a67b4186c26927acaf3aa5f2f79.jpg

Crashing cars:
8189e316d86f67f54dcab8ec5585e3e4.jpg

Putting a 68 high compression 455 in the 68 Old 442. Also have a couple other old cars and trucks to play with.
cc637476ff2e5afd0ab01ab7b8a81bc8.jpg

df59f4d6aed7bee4829a9ac009ab4cff.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Great thread!
I like to run, crash cars, play with classic cars,

Your 455 has a "slightly" larger accessory on the top than mine.
Pretty nice accessory's inside too...Pontiac has to survive 7500 shifts every pass...we've come a long way from the 5100 RPM redline days...

Passions beyond deer & family...... Hmmm

Knitting, sewing, cooking, shopping, manicures, facials... WRONG... not this women.

I guess my passions beyond God, family and hunting would be my career and making sure Okie works 16 hour days.;)
Well you should be tickled...I just took on another big job for this month... October, November and December I am going to be on vacation though ;)

Pretty nice accessory's inside too...Pontiac has to survive 7500 shifts every pass...we've come a long way from the 5100 RPM redline days...
Ya, those "off brand" big blocks don't like to live over 5 grand (stock). I bet you've got a nice parts list in that thing.

Ya, those "off brand" big blocks don't like to live over 5 grand (stock). I bet you've got a nice parts list in that thing.
Pontiacs from 287 ci up to 455 ci have the same external dimensions so in our world we have no big blocks/small blocks...303 and 301 are short deck but will still take the same heads and stuff...

I know what you mean though ;)

Other than chasing after deer with a stick and string, I'm a huge fan of Syracuse basketball and football.

Also; I have a thing for motorcycles and enjoy riding them in dual sport, and enduro events.
Here is one of my bikes: KTM 350XCF-W
DSC_0982_zpsdeibynfl.jpg

I also have a 1998 SS Camaro that I like to tinker on.

1392AB66-C974-4A4F-836F-842113B7EEAA_zpsf6q76kyq.jpg

Was pretty heavy into trad archery for a few years designing and building my own bows and such. Really enjoy in shore saltwater fishing but don't get to go as often anymore since my wife's aunt and uncle sold their place at grand isle, la. Finally convinced her to skip our normal trip to Destin for a trip to CO. Was up there a couple of weeks ago and we hiked 40 miles and finished just a frog hair short of 10k total elevation gain. Fun trip for a flat lander. Have sorta taken up crossfit cause my wife is fanatical about health and fitness. Mostly though the entire year revolves around hunting and fishing.

Guess I'll play this game. Too many hobbies besides hunting, I should narrow down. Always loved speed and ran the motoX as a young man, but no way show that pic. First dirt bikes were made from scratch with my dad. Stayed a motorcycle mechanic/cheap/free for my son thru his early adult life of motox racing. Sports are narrowed down to non contact golf these days.
I know I'll take a beating from you guys for my love of the Germans.... but of all the sport cars I've driven, this remains my favorite. With mid engine and a 50/50 weight balance made for the twisties I grew up in, and trust me, it handles the track at 170 mph as smoothly as 60 on the interstate. Not a out of the light fast as some shown here, but will win my money on a twisty track. Bit of Porsche trivia, the ignition key is on the left of steering wheel. The old original races were from a dead start with driver away from car. Thinking was that as the driver jumped in, he could more quickly be starting car with left hand as he settled in saving few seconds.
IMG_0358C.jpg
Obviously like snow skiing also. Great ski area within just short drive from my house but gotta love the western slopes.
IMG_0381B.jpg

Of course the Harley. Dad had his first one in '49 and passed that gene off to me. Have ridden 45 states and good chunk of Canada. As you can see, not all paved road. Met some of the best people this way from the dude in nowhere Kansas who fixed us lunch for no reason, to the wide eyed kid in the Navajo Nation that thrilled as he sat on my bike and I showed him how to start it, to the conversation with the young lady on the Beartooth Highway at 11000 ft in MT flagging for a survey crew, to the lone woman 30+ ft off the ground on an crop irragator doing a repair in Nebraska, to the well worn lady in WY that tried to pick up my married buddy scaring him to death. Those are some of the real people of this country that makes it tick and I've been honored to meet them. I'm a lucky, up from the poor, Hillbilly.
IMG_0196B.jpg

IMG_0169C.jpg

Back