Not Ya Great Great Granddady's 12 gauge shotgun

Well, I meant to put this under the gun forum but I guess it will work under the bird forum. You can shoot a bird with it.

Cutman, you can move it if you would like.

Thanks guys.

As you know, Savage makes some bolt action shotguns. This is a Savage 210 action with a custom barrel and stock. It is one of the guns I use in NWTF Still Target Competitions. I have it tuned in for Winchester Longbeard shells. The choke is an Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike. We shoot at a 3 inch circle at 40 yards, and getting the center core in that spot is important - hence the Leupold Rifle Scope.

Pretty gun! Has the same laminate wood as my H&R 12 gauge single shot slug gun with thumb hole stock and bull barrel. I also have a Marlin Slugster in 12 gauge that is a bolt action tack driver. Beautiful gun NH

Have you ever shot a real turkey with it? The still target shoots look like a good time, although I have never been to one. Those longbeard shells are awesome, best groups I have ever seen out of my old 870.

Have you ever shot a real turkey with it? The still target shoots look like a good time, although I have never been to one. Those longbeard shells are awesome, best groups I have ever seen out of my old 870.

No, I carry something much lighter when I go to the turkey woods. That thing weighs too much. :D

Yes, the Longbeard shells are definitely a step ahead in technology. I also like the Hevi-13, 2 and 2.25 ounce shells really well. I'm still using them for actual hunting.

Native what stock is that? I have a Savage 210 12.ga. slug gun and would like to get a laminated stock for it.

I don't remember for sure. A friend of mine found it for me, and all I remember is that it came from somewhere in North Carolina. It's not some well known company.

Back