New toy for tractor

Gator

Always wanted a grapple and finally bit the bullet. So far I love it

2d007a7041367e2cb843517054ed3779.jpg

2389a2984d43735bd114d9e4b6f3e8f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks pretty dang handy ! I can think of several times I could have used one. I'm buying a new tractor this winter, and there may be one of these in my future.

Living in eastern NC, I actually and unfortunately have had the hurricane cleanup! :( I still would rank my bucket as #1. It is interesting to me, because when I bought my tractor my mind was more focused on what I would drag behind than on what would be upfront. Even the front hydraulics that I use for the grapple were a second thought add on to the rear hydraulics that I had installed for when I would rent the no-till drills from the local NRCS. My #1&2 most used attachments are clearly my bucket and my grapple with the latter being way more fun!! :)
Regards,
Keith

I mounted the green machine thumb on the factory bucket with aftermarket titan weld on 6 tooth bar. I added an electronic diverter valve and push button activator on the joystick.

I don't have a big tractor but man is it nice for grabbing stuff.

0a9facead835ac8a68706eb51c5146a9.jpg

68ce74582724102fdf42cf7bf823b86a.jpg

I did have to add a 5" channel welded to the top of the bucket, below the thumb mount, because I bent the factory bucket top. These cylinders are strong.

503b3243501b1d3ade2aa8591459562d.jpg

8a31bc0d682bd023dacb9f8d709c9e9a.jpg

My goal is to heat my house 100% with firewood so I've been cutting and splitting quite a bit lately. This grapple will help with cleaning up the limbs. Going to add a polebarn as a garage and workshop as well so I'm clearing for that as well

I took down some 32 year old Blue Spruce trees this week and was just thinking how nice it would be to have a grapple. Green with envy.

Did you pick that up in Alaska? Looks handy.....or thumby

Haha. Shipping back would have cost too much. 11 pounds of sockeye was about $170

Grapple is from everything attachments. Nice piece of equipment. I was a little nervous buying it without seeing it in person but no complaints yet

Where do the additional hydraulics come from? Did you install?

It's what they call a third function. It's basically an additional valve they connect to your existing hydraulics and you have an electric button added on your joystick to control it.

Back