New guy from Michigan

Mathew57

I started a mineral site up at farm a few weeks ago. They seem to be hitting it. Last week I put it a Browning Strike Force Hd Pro camera out. Thinking about going up to the farm to see if I have pictures or videos on it. Do you think that it would be to soon to check it? I have this cable lock on it. I want put my box case and lock it up.
Mathew

Attachments

• strike_force_hd_pro_f_420_1024x1024.jpg
    strike_force_hd_pro_f_420_1024x1024.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
  • btc5hdp_sec_case_F_420_1024x1024.jpg
    btc5hdp_sec_case_F_420_1024x1024.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 0
  • accessories-master-lock-shrouded-pad-lock-1_1024x1024.jpg
    accessories-master-lock-shrouded-pad-lock-1_1024x1024.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
  • accessories-master-lock-python-cable-6-black-1_1024x1024.jpg
    accessories-master-lock-python-cable-6-black-1_1024x1024.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
This is what I'm using for my mineral site. Lucky Buck and Trophy rock.

Attachments

• 20and12.png
    20and12.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 075850007.jpg
    075850007.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
I check mine ever 3-4 weeks
I also use Redmond 40# mineral blocks ( 9.00 at my local feed mill) it's the same thing as trophy rock but in a block form and a lot cheaper

I check mine ever 3-4 weeks
I also use Redmond 40# mineral blocks ( 9.00 at my local feed mill) it's the same thing as trophy rock but in a block form and a lot cheaper

I've been looking for those blocks everywhere!

You guys should try some Big&J cubes... they a little bit of cash ($20ish) but in northern WI the deer have them gone in under 3 weeks. Work like a champ. You can try gander or cabelas.

go BADGERS ;)

I tried the Big&J cubes, the deer would not touch them.

That's weird every property that they were tried at brought deer in. But hey I suppose every herd is different. One that a guy swore to me was the best was Lucky Buck but for me nothing ate it but that's not to say it sucks it just didn't work for me

Most the problems we have with cubes are bears literally taking them. But it is strange that on the property I am talking about the cubes work but loose mineral isn't hit nearly as hard. I have tried some DIY mineral but with molasses in it, it just draws bears in like crazy which is not what I want.

Mathew welcome to the site. I would say if you are wanting to get your camera locked up tight then go ahead and get it taken care of. After that I would wait 3-4 weeks before checking it unless it is in a easy in/out no disturbance area ie. field edge etc. This early in the year I would worry more about getting that camera locked down then I would a one time mild disturbance. Just try to stay scent free and get in and out.

GO I-L-L-I-N-I !!

Thank Blizzard Ridge
It close to a field edge this year will be corn on the farm. It's makes tough hunting in till comes down. I will put in a 32gb Sandisk card. And my security box on it and lock it up. Then will let it be for a month or two.
Mathew

Back