Mama bear with cubs

I love your pics. They are much more interesting than mine. What a cool part of the country you live in.

Great pics! Bears are not an asset if your focus is deer management, but still fun to watch. I like the area that you're in, I have an uncle I've visited living along the river west of Nespelem, some really good fishing there.

I only have 21 acres, and dont really hunt my property. Cant exactly manage deer here. I just leave them a good chunk of sanctuary and enjoy having them around. The bears certainly arent good for the deer, but the high cougar population, coyotes, bobs and occasional wolf make the bears about the least of my worries. Just had a young lion walk right by my house this morning, maybe 50 yards away, coming up from the creek. Counting the cubs ive had at least 6 different bears on my property so far this spring, which is actually a little less than normal. Chased one out of my back yard a few weeks ago.

I only have 21 acres, and dont really hunt my property. Cant exactly manage deer here. I just leave them a good chunk of sanctuary and enjoy having them around. The bears certainly arent good for the deer, but the high cougar population, coyotes, bobs and occasional wolf make the bears about the least of my worries. Just had a young lion walk right by my house this morning, maybe 50 yards away, coming up from the creek. Counting the cubs ive had at least 6 different bears on my property so far this spring, which is actually a little less than normal. Chased one out of my back yard a few weeks ago.
You're the guy that posted about eating lion right? Do you hunt all of those critters you listed? I envy you, living so close to some really wilderness areas. About the closest wilderness we have on the east coast is a shopping mall.

You're the guy that posted about eating lion right? Do you hunt all of those critters you listed? I envy you, living so close to some really wilderness areas. About the closest wilderness we have on the east coast is a shopping mall.

Cant really say i hunt yotes or bobs. Not seriously. Never killed a bobcat, but i have good intentions of doing so. Spent a lot of money setting myself up to hunt bobs and yotes at night. Ill get around to it this winter for sure. And yeah, cougar tastes great, so when i get my first bobcat ill give it a try. Guessing it will be similar to lion meat. I love bear meat. I think i like it better than deer or elk. Going out tomorrow to help a friend fill his spring bear permit.

Cant really say i hunt yotes or bobs. Not seriously. Never killed a bobcat, but i have good intentions of doing so. Spent a lot of money setting myself up to hunt bobs and yotes at night. Ill get around to it this winter for sure. And yeah, cougar tastes great, so when i get my first bobcat ill give it a try. Guessing it will be similar to lion meat. I love bear meat. I think i like it better than deer or elk. Going out tomorrow to help a friend fill his spring bear permit.
I like bear meat, kindof like elk but not as good as moose. But bear hunting doesn't hold a candle to deer hunting IMO. Did you invest in infrared equipment for coyote?

I like bear meat, kindof like elk but not as good as moose. But bear hunting doesn't hold a candle to deer hunting IMO. Did you invest in infrared equipment for coyote?
Yeah i got a nivisys tam-14 thermal monocular. Could use it as a scope, but decided it would be easier to scan with as a handheld. So i bought a nice custom ar15 and put a fixed 6x swfa super sniper on it, and a green coyote light on top of the scope. So ill scan with the tam, and when i catch a bob or yote with it ill get on my rifle, flip on the light and bang. Its a great gun, shooting 1" groups at 200 with factory ammo.

So a few posts back i mentioned the young lion walking by my house this morning. Things just got interesting. Here is a copy paste from a post i just made on another forum:
So i checked a cam right behind my house today. Young lion was walking up my trail at 5am. Barely old enough to be on its own. My first thought was that its the type of cat to have trouble killing deer, and therefore apt to be a trouble maker. Just got a call from my neighbor that the people down the road had one of their pet cats killed by a cougar last night, and that the game department is heading this way with a pack of hounds right now to track down the vicious 80lb devil cat. I can see that kind of reaction over livestock depredation, but a damn house cat??? Anyway, theres no shortage of lions around here, so i passed the word that they can come over here to get a head start on tracking the dangerous beast. I figure even if they dont take me up on that offer, and start the chase at the scene of the crime, the hounds will end up rolling through here anyway. I think ill stay up to listen to the chase.

So no way is this cat even 80lbs, maybe 60? Should still be with mom, but apparently its on its own and dining on house cats.rsz_06070065.jpg rsz_06070066.jpg

I feel stupid now. My neighbor told me it killed a calf, not a cat. Apparently i need to clean my ears out. Makes a lot more sense.

Beautiful pics but no way in the world I would wander around in your woods. No interest in sharing space with bears, lions, or wolves. Not my thing.

Back