Live from the stand 2016!

I have been sneaking out behind the house this week after work. When I get home and throw on my hunting clothes I can hunt the last 45 minutes of light. So far I haven't seen a thing. Didn't run out there today...WAY too warm for me. Tomorrow I only work til 1 so if it isn't pouring (and that is a big if according to the forecast) I can actually hunt from around 2 til dark. A cold front is moving in with the rain and Saturday morning is looking great temp wise. My youngest nephew will be here to hunt Saturday so hopefully things will be better than last weekend.

Crazy weather...it was still 69 degrees 30 minutes with a 30 mph south wind but things are a changing!

ef8a13c43abbd2a7bae299d8e78b3840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last day of archery today in NY. Cold snap predicted for early in the week with measurable snowfall. Have a week off in hopes of filling my freezer. Gun opens tomorrow
e60e0e993455ccf01be9f00afdee2261.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

25 - 30 mph NW wind. Temp has dropped to 52 from 69.

Really nice 3 yr old walked by 10 minutes ago cruising for does...

Yes, doc, prayers said for your daughter and family.
Sounds like you have them right where you want them Okie. Good luck. And......sorry about the rifle shots.
Go get em Owlpond!

I am home sick today. Ughhh. Rough night. But i am keeping an eye one the Home 10 orchard. Doe and two fawns just came through and fed on the LC mix i planted under the apple tree rows. Good to see that family intact after a week of gun.

Since I last posted I have seen 2 giants. 1 a really tall tined 8 pointer that tried to cross in the brush in front of me and caught my scent when he got on my west side and ran out of here and then about 10 minutes later I saw my #1 hit lister "hurt 9" even though he is a big wide 10 point this year. Easy rifle range but impossible bow range through these woods...

Just like I figured with the very warm temps and high winds yesterday and all the way into today and this huge cold front blowing in now the biggest most mature bucks are up and moving in daylight!

Sounds like a day sit all day, Okie.
I wish I could but I have to head down to our deer lease later to do a little work and attend our annual night before rifle season dinner. My wife is going to hunt there in the morning and I am coming back here...

The way the deer are moving now and with tonight being our coldest night forecast so far and tomorrow staying cold I expect a bunch of big deer falling on the rifle opener!

Back