Live from the stand 2016!

Vacation has started. I'm in a ladder stand on a clover plot mainly bc of easy access. Would love to be in some thick stuff with my climber but that's not going to happen with this ankle. Good luck to all!!

And it's windy as hell and my deer don't move much when it's like this. Big temp drop from the 80s we had yesterday tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On stand about an hour now. Just got light enough to shoot in the big woods about 10 minutes ago. 30 minutes ago a buck of some sort walked by in the dark, rubbed a tree, worked a scrape...hung around about 15 minutes and walked off before light enough to identify.

Good morning in Central, Il. Temps in mid 40s. Several 2 year olds cruising. Back in stand and it's hot! Hope the afternoon is ok as sun gets lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Greetings from upstate NY. Back on stand tonight chasing a couple six point I've seen this week from the house. Cooler temps predicted tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully deer moving this weekend.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

618d80e23a54861f806e368a0a06501f.jpg

Back on the 1/2 acre clover plot since it has a ladder stand on it. Wind is starting to die down. Might get good!

bd0958806c03f31160fffbba9fe4408f.jpg

Gist of conversation was the dude was going to the store for beer...talking to wife/sister/squeeze? Loud ass truck banged off up through the woods...

Dogs just ran barking through the center of our place again...that is 4 evening hunts in a row screwed up by dogs...they jut made the list :(

What's up with tapatalk? been trying to check the live updates all day but can't get it to work. it's only this forum too.

I am not on stand but really enjoy checking in to see what is going on. Good luck to all. I have two young fellas bowhunting this weekend. No messages of success yet, but I did get a picture of one of them on the cell camera.

Finally. Some temps below 80. Rains last night and cold this morn. Had deer on me all day as soon as on stand with bow. Passed an 8 early that I'm regretting a little. Bucks chasing hard but does not interested. Rattling didn't work. Grunting did. I'm out of shape for this steep walk to ridge. Deer very relaxed. Best thing I do is not hunting much and only evenings early season. Here's the early morning foggy sunrise. Life is good.
f4e7e750e6a5fcdeff6ff2f495b65cfe.jpg

b3c276fa809c8776e0afea9ae148192f.jpg

Had some success. My son took his first deer at about 18:00 last night. His first shot was at 28 yards and hit a little back. He was able to get in a second arrow at 40 yards. We were both jacked up. It was the first deer either of us have taken in archery season.

That is incredible. Good job young man. I could hardly hit a tin can with a bb at his age.

Back