Live from the stand 2016!

Back out again today. It's gonna get warm and possible chance of storms this afternoon so it might just be a half day hunt. Nothing moving so far and it's been light for almost an hour.
59d75583cee89ac444a6aba2bebb52df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Went out this morning after dropping kids off at school got to the woods at 7:45.It was 40° felt like 36°with 90% humidity everything was covered in dew. This time I took both the shotgun and crossbow. While moving in I had a young spike move directly toward me. I had close encounter with him at about 10 yards. Turkeys finally showed up. And ended up filling my fall turkey tag with one of them.
95696407a3d816f9078cf861ebfd15ed.jpg

I was glad to get that filled. They have kind of been a thorn in my side this fall.
I'm going to take my son out this afternoon/evening and try to get him on a deer. Then I have to work the weekend. Then I'll be back after them on Monday. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

My stand for the week has been a condo in the mountains of Shenandoah Valley. I couldn't resist so I got some corn from Tractor Supply and poured some over the balcony. My friends were impressed to see so many deer 10 feet away

jreTGeJ.jpg

One nice guy came thru to enjoy some corn

lsawO8R.jpg

Interesting morning. On the way to the farm I came across 2 mule deer fawns standing in the road. I was coming down a steep hill and my headlights were giving them pretty good shadows on the road. They turned to move off the road, saw their shadows and freaked out! It was darn funny!:D Had an ok 4x4 (maybe 130") following a doe and fawn around the stand this morning. Saw him 3 separate times. Grunted him to me twice, first time he hung up in some weeds about 20 yards away second time he came to the scrape the only way I didnt have a shot due to tree limbs. He wasnt anything I am going to lose sleep over, but I would have put an arrow in him as sadly he is one of the best deer I have on camera for this year. 1 little button buck hung around most of the morning, his momma must have given him the boot, he looked lost.

Nothing seen this morning but did pull my card and finally got the buck that has been working the scrapes. Notice the timestamps from when I came out the other day to when he checked it. Dang! Will definitely be sitting this stand for the ML opener on Sat.

d90dedb7874f01c5734981b1fe7334a7.jpg

d14586807444cff8e776e99c609d2833.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Strange morning in the stand. Heavy mist blowing from the north. Zero movement. Left the stand at 11:30. Ate and right back in a different stand. It's still overcast and upper 60's. Maybe better tonight.

In for an evening hunt but still 81 degrees out. They just finished up a 5 day modern gun antlerless only hunt yesterday so hopefully there's a few decent bucks left.

Sometimes living on your hunting land can be a curse... I have 16 10 acre "hunting" properties and some survivalist type folks living bordering our east side and at 6:35 pm I step out of my truck at Home and hear a high powered rifle bust off once at dusky dark on one of those parcels...it's bow only season...if I didn't live here I wouldn't hear it but of course it would still be happening :mad: I get as upset losing a doe to poaching as I do the bucks :(

Having said that I am going to be in a tree on our place tomorrow with a NNE wind so hopefully bucks are on the move :D

I saw no deer tonight, did have a coyote come through the plot and started to draw back on my bow when I hit a branch above me with it.....

Coyote looked up saw me and was gone. Really wanted to get that one. Only consolation is it was a big buck.

Hunted today for the 1st time since the 24th of last month. I saw nothing this morning and only 2 does tonite. I will hit it again tomorrow and hope my luck changes.

Good luck guys. I have weekend duty so all my hunting will be vicariously through ya'll. Keep me updated.

I went to bed last night with dreams of mid 40's and a NNE wind for this morning and awoke to 60 with a wind that suspiciously feels like it is out of the S...WTH?

Back