Live from the stand 2016!

Good luck! Headed into the office for the day so will have to live vicariously through this thread until tomorrow.

Really quiet other than road noise a mile over, crows, and neighborhood dogs barking at their houses. I believe we are going into "lock down" phase here now with the bigger bucks being hunkered down with a doe they are actively breeding...

Big 8 just trotted past at about 50 yards. Came from the south around the head of a huge hollow and then turned NW into a big hinge cut area I did on pine ridge. Paid no attention to grunt call. This is the same area he came from and went back to a couple days ago. I believe I have found his bedding area...

Saw a couple little bucks this morning on a lease we have.

Set up tonight about 100 yards off a clover plot. right is a steep hollow and left is the neighbors property that they just finished logging.

Stiff north wind right now.....this little poplar maybe wasn't the best choice! hah!

Lot of deer today here in North Mo. Seen at least 15-20 deer. Mostly young bucks and doe groups. Bucks are cruising and saw some chasing this morning. Hopefully a big boy strolls by this evening. Last hurrah before the guns come out tomorrow.

3 day weekend. In the tripod stand with the Excalibur. Acorns are raining down. Already saw one deer in the thick trees but couldn't make out what it was.
bc58bde92e0ac265c6a3e2b7308a058f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Trail cams showed big bucks moving till after noon today which is about when I got down. Have a couple new big 8's that hurt showed up and still have lots of does including a camera sequence of a doe urinating in a scrape so I know she is in and explains the influx of new bucks. Hurt 9 (big 10 point this year) showed back up as well as the triple main beam buck.

We
Have a little breezy north wind and I am in the stand the big 8 patterned me at a couple days ago dead center of our 80 and also where I killed laid back 9 in early October.

Should be good this evening!

Trail cams showed big bucks moving till after noon today which is about when I got down. Have a couple new big 8's that hurt showed up and still have lots of does including a camera sequence of a doe urinating in a scrape so I know she is in and explains the influx of new bucks. Hurt 9 (big 10 point this year) showed back up as well as the triple main beam buck.

We
Have a little breezy north wind and I am in the stand the big 8 patterned me at a couple days ago dead center of our 80 and also where I killed laid back 9 in early October.

Should be good this evening!
Go get 'em old man.

Good luck everyone! This is a buck my buddy passed this morning on the property I'll be hunting Monday. Cell phone service appears to be good there as he texted me this pic from the stand, so should be able to give good updates.

c61d6ee258b57aaeb01199b36a123699.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good luck everyone! This is a buck my buddy passed this morning on the property I'll be hunting Monday. Cell phone service appears to be good there as he texted me this pic from the stand, so should be able to give good updates.

c61d6ee258b57aaeb01199b36a123699.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Your buddy has more will power than this deplorable. That buck looks mature.

Lot of deer today here in North Mo. Seen at least 15-20 deer. Mostly young bucks and doe groups. Bucks are cruising and saw some chasing this morning. Hopefully a big boy strolls by this evening. Last hurrah before the guns come out tomorrow.
If Oklahoma had a rifle season that early we would be stacking big bucks up like cord wood...for a year or 2...

BTW some dirtbags start rifle season early here. I heard one and their 4 wheeler at noon today just south of our house :(

Last edited:
Back