Is this the same deer?

I vote yes but would prefer a couple more angles to get a better look at the left side.

It probably is the same deer, but the pictures in velvet make him look pretty old. The hard horn picture looks young

It probably is the same deer, but the pictures in velvet make him look pretty old. The hard horn picture looks young
Keep in mind that the hard horned pics are after a long hard winter and recouping from the breeding season. The latest pics are during the summer with abundant soybeans all around. I think when the velvet sheds this year and he gets his fall body, he will resemble a Sherman Tank. My guess is that the deer is 4.5 this year. Our deer can peak or be close to peak at that age in terms of antler size.

Assuming your deer shed out late August /early Sept. And assuming the date is right on that pic at 8/1, then yes good chance he will add a bit more tine length and possibly mb. This buck doesn't look like he will do it but not uncommon for bucks to add a little nt trash at the very end also. Very nice deer.

Good that we all agree. I did get some more pics at another cam I didn't check the last time. This deer isn't really extra wide, but his beams are really long looking.

nr15-IMG_0491.JPG
n16-iMG_0510.JPG
n16-IMG_0532.JPG

Back