Golden hornet crabapple

Redneck

can anyone give me some information on the golden hornet? I need to know if they will do well in zone 8a.

Bad news for anyone that ordered from Waflers ,I talked to them this am and they said they had a die off and won't have any golden hornets.They will be contacting anyone that did order recently

Bad news for anyone that ordered from Waflers ,I talked to them this am and they said they had a die off and won't have any golden hornets.They will be contacting anyone that did order recently

You have to be kidding me! Cherry on top of my crappy Monday.

Well dang it. Thanks for letting me know. I was supposed to get some.........

It may not be a bad deal as they told me it was a dawf tree and the 111 root stock would require it to be staked and it would be brittle.He said there were alot better wildlife crabs.I told him I just wanted a couple for color but he asked to call them back after first of year and they should know for what they have

I just received paperwork from them confirming my order of 6 trees. It was dated 1/4/17. I had planned on calling to see if my order was canceled but didn't get around to it. Maybe they didn't lose them all. I suppose I will need to call as I was going to order more trees to replace these.

I may call and see whats going on,I may just try to order something for next year as he said that this rootstock would make a dwarf tree that would have to be staked as it is brittle.He didn't think they had enough grafts live so wasn't going to sell.I hope you get some of them

I don't understand him saying it will be a dwarf tree that needs staking. On M111 rootstock it should be a fairly large tree that is self supporting, or am I wrong? I was excited to find them on that rootstock. Of course he is the expert and I am a weekend warrior. I will be happy to get a few trees, I am thinking a few grafted on 118 rootstock would make nice trees if they produce heavy and hold late. Either way they look like a neat tree. Time will tell I guess.

Back