Squeaky ladder stands

Ruttin1

Anyone else hunt strictly ladder stands and if so do you have noise problems with them?
Some are more noisy than others but it drives me crazy every time I want to stand up or sit down I get that metal movement sound. It has cost me deer.

Anyone have any good fixes for getting rid of the squeaks?

Some common problems and tips.
Take the pins out of the ladder sections and save. then tape the connection with cloth duct tape.
Rust causes squeaks. Replace all hardware with stainless and nylon nuts.
Trees always sway and twist your stand all day everyday so loosen the bolts on the seat and stand areas. Tight is bad. Tight bolts in these locations always create squeaks.
Put in double nylon washers at all bolt connections metal to metal. Leave a little loose.
Leave the main ratchet strap to tree fairly loose, then when you get in stand give it a few clicks to tighten and then loosen again before you come down. This takes care of settling issues.

Anyone else hunt strictly ladder stands and if so do you have noise problems with them?
Some are more noisy than others but it drives me crazy every time I want to stand up or sit down I get that metal movement sound. It has cost me deer.

Anyone have any good fixes for getting rid of the squeaks?

I don't hunt climbing stands or hang-on stands any more as I'm getting older. I hunt a combination of box blinds and ladder stands. By far, the best ladder stand and quietest I've found is the Millennium. They are heavy and expensive but very comfortable, safe, and quiet.

There are some things you can do for the inexpensive ladder stands. First, remove all metal to metal contact. That means using nylon washers with every bolt when assembling it. There isn't much you can do about light gauge metal.

Thanks for the tips. Nothing bugs me like a squeaky stand.
I did just put up a SG ladder stand that came with nylon washers. So far, so good. No noise after the first couple of sits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back