Drought and Survival

What a difference a year makes...

Last year...
8857b7f8db91ec22298791b7d3a3fdcb.jpg

This year...

74168b759600a68d9126bef70e9c64e6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once you do get saturated again, you're going to be in for a bumper crop of native mast production. When we'd have droughts up here, we'd get nothing for acorns, nuts, and berries. But when it started raining the next year, we had mast coming out our ears on everything. Acorns usually last 5-10 days in a normal year. In a bumper year they can't eat them all in 30 days.

It’s beyond words, somehow this missed us to this point… Neighbors sidewalk isn’t even completely wet. Meanwhile TORRENTIAL rainfall within 14 miles east.
IMG_2009.jpeg

Just got word from the neighbor, everything passed thru and we ended up with a tenth. Yippie!! :rolleyes:

Decision time, to water trees or to not water trees, that is the question. Flush 2.5 years work down the drain and say good riddens, or water one last time before leaving for Florida and put off the inevitable a couple more days?

I feel bad for the amount of stress you have over something you can’t control. Thread has certainly changed directions from the original post…

I feel bad for the amount of stress you have over something you can’t control. Thread has certainly changed directions from the original post…
Forgive me, but isn’t the vast majority of worry associated with things beyond our control? I’m not making any excuses, worry and stress are never good. I will say that I don’t spend all my days wondering about and wishing for rain; it’s the days we’re SUPPOSED to get it and don’t that bother me for the most part. I still stand by my opinion that rain is awesome (I don’t ever complain in a period of flooding) and droughts SUCK!

Back