Drought and Survival

STILL awaiting our 2 year drought buster. Just had another swing and a miss. At this point it’s getting hard to care anymore, hence my lack of recent activity on this thread. I will say it is mildly humorous to hear the talk on the ag weather forecast channels of the “big drought” in the eastern corn belt. A whole MONTH with very little rain, now that’s desperation if I’ve ever heard it!!! Lol

STILL awaiting our 2 year drought buster. Just had another swing and a miss. At this point it’s getting hard to care anymore, hence my lack of recent activity on this thread. I will say it is mildly humorous to hear the talk on the ag weather forecast channels of the “big drought” in the eastern corn belt. A whole MONTH with very little rain, now that’s desperation if I’ve ever heard it!!! Lol

Looks like you are getting walloped right now!

We’ve missed multiple rains since the June 16th, I was hoping that rain would prime the pump, but to no avail. I’ll be out of town all week and I’m worried we’re going to lose the newly planted persimmons. Those suckers weren’t cheap either!

Check out this rainy forecast for us over the next few days. I saw this coming and just planted one of my infamous clover plots at the wrong time of the year.

1687131175490.png

Yet another cell just died on our doorstep. This is getting almost comical. I’m beginning to think we’re never again going to have a +2” rain in my lifetime. As of right now, another half inch rain is looking highly unlikely in the next couple of months.

Yet another cell just died on our doorstep. This is getting almost comical. I’m beginning to think we’re never again going to have a +2” rain in my lifetime. As of right now, another half inch rain is looking highly unlikely in the next couple of months.
How old are you? 😂

Watered trees for the first time in 6 weeks this past weekend. It was a nice break, but we leave for vacation in a little over 3 weeks. I don’t have anyone I can ask to water while we’re gone. Hopefully that midsummer El Niño rain shows up like they were talking about. The stooopid water off the West coast is still too cold and it’s messing up everything. :mad:

Yet another day in the life of a desert dweller. Rain to the north, rain to the south, on us? Nothing…..
IMG_1975.jpeg

Ah… Don’t trust the radar my friend. That giant red/orange/yellow blob went directly over my house…
730e2be5c824f5644cc599b3340521db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That rain to the south of you went right over our place and dropped about 8/100ths...only thing it did was kept us from being able to bale the hay we cut yesterday...

Got two of three buckwheat plots in this afternoon. The last will go in Friday. We’ll see what happens this time around. There is nothing in the plots but a very little bit of chicory.

Watered my 6 sawtooth oak survivors south of Hays last weekend. I had hopes that some of the recent rains had helped there but I think the rainfall deficit is going to take a bit to overcome. Thistles seem to be growing fine though.

Meanwhile here at home on the arid plains of Colorado, we are over 15" in the last 2 months. With rains washing out bridges and roads in many locations. Be nice to spread that joy to Kansas.

Back