Cat food bandit

I'm thinking of all the fun you could have freaking people out with that thing. Are you going to have the tail done in "relaxed" or "spray" mode?:D:eek::D

Recently I asked you what all species you hunt and now I see you do hunt about anything!
BTW is it legal to shoot skunks over bait in WA?
Oh, and you're going to eat it after he skins it, right? They taste just like chicken.

Recently I asked you what all species you hunt and now I see you do hunt about anything!
BTW is it legal to shoot skunks over bait in WA?
Oh, and you're going to eat it after he skins it, right? They taste just like chicken.
This is one thing im not eating! Had to leave it up overnight before i could get it to him, so i wouldnt trust the meat anyway. There are no hunting restrictions on skunks. Just have a hunting license.

I would be surprised if the hair is good this time of year.Here in kansas they are fur bearers and we have a season.Luckily I have very few on my place

It is a pretty skunk. The outer hairs are mostly in place still. It is the underfur that would have been shed. Definitely the late fall would be best though.

It is a pretty skunk. The outer hairs are mostly in place still. It is the underfur that would have been shed. Definitely the late fall would be best though.
The underfur isnt fo great, but for a full body mount thats really not a big deal i dont think. Late fall would be better for sure, but it is whatit is, and 1 skunk mount is plenty

The first time I took a skunk to my taxidermist he did it for $200, but he complained how it stunk up the shop for weeks. The next time I took one in he gave it a sniff and said $300, then he took another sniff and said $400. I smiled at what he was telling me, he just was not interested in doing another for any price . He said he could get a hide that has already been tanned with zero smell, but I told him it would not be the same.

Never found another taxidermist who was worth a hoot in my area that would do one, but they do make pretty mounts.

Back