Capsule Feeders

Mennoniteman

I just saw these advertised, does anyone know about or have one of these, or have any opinion on them? They seem like a cool idea, but somewhat expensive at $1300. They are advertised as being bear proof and coon proof.C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1000_-feeder_grande.jpg

Bear proof in what way? If the deer can eat from it so can the bear and that means they will come and eat everything it dispenses.

Back when you could feed in NYS my neighbor had a feeder out. One bear would just bed down not far away and come in and eat from it a few times a day until every kernel of corn was gone.

I dont see how that will keep a bear out. He will roll it around, smash the top down, chew a hole through the side, or tear the metal cover off where you fill it. It would be interesting to put a camera on it and watch what they do with it. As long as you are not the one paying for the feeder.

I dont see how that will keep a bear out. He will roll it around, smash the top down, chew a hole through the side, or tear the metal cover off where you fill it. It would be interesting to put a camera on it and watch what they do with it. As long as you are not the one paying for the feeder.
I don't know, that's why I was asking. But on their website they have a video of a bear trying unsuccessfully to break it open, if a bear can't bite it open or ruin the spinner I guess it would be bear proof. I was hoping to hear from someone that has one to post a review. I'm not laying out that kind of money unless I know what I'm getting.

They are well built and use a semi-tractor tire at the base. They throw corn like no bodies business and can be dragged with a truck if you need to move it. Friend has some in SW Oklahoma, if it wasn't so expensive I'd own a couple myself. He swears buy them and won't touch a tripod feeder. He just backs his truck up to it opens the top and fills it. No ladder, no standing on the bed rails and no chance of falling from lifting feed bags over your head. The older I get them appealing that design has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back