American Chestnut

mattpatt

I know this is probably a long shot but I’m looking for a verifiable source of American Chestnut. I have a nice little spot in mind away from all of my Chinese trees and would like to get a few started. I also realize it’s a little early for nuts right now but thought I’d go ahead and put in my request. I will have plenty of late dropping Chinese Chestnut, Concordia Oak, DCO, Chinkapin and Burr to trade. Also $$ if you’re not interested in trades. Let me know what you got.

Thanks,
Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Join the ACF! Allen Nichols is the head of the NY chapter. I know they give seeds away, and will sell them on occasion as well.

Last time I tried they said I could join but they wouldn’t send me any nuts as I’m in Texas and not within the native range for American Chestnut. This was several years ago. I wasn’t aware that they sold them too.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a really nice one on my place this weekend. Already showing blight but reached a good size first.

c9415b515ec97a27ed83118545ca559e.jpg

83f522497e7a3b4efa597c3243461db6.jpg

Can’t remember if someone on here sent me some American chestnut nuts or not? I didn’t do a very good job of who sent me the seed. In any event I ended up with four viable nuts and here they are.

0064f93460c3d1a449495e032e44b8b8.jpg

Back