Age and Score Guesses

tlh2865

IMG_7544.JPG IMG_0312.jpg EK000126.jpg Was wondering if you guys have an age guess on this deer, and figured I'd try for a score while you're at it.

pics can be deceiving. If i cover up the antlers and just look at the body it looks like I am looking at 3 different deer. The perfect broadside picture looks like a 3.5 to me but could go 4.5. That middle pic looks like a 5.5 or older buck.

pics can be deceiving. If i cover up the antlers and just look at the body it looks like I am looking at 3 different deer. The perfect broadside picture looks like a 3.5 to me but could go 4.5. That middle pic looks like a 5.5 or older buck.
That is what has perplexed me so much about him. I have really never had trouble aging a deer on the hoof or in a picture before. But like you said, in one picture he has a young deer's body, and in another he looks like Buckzilla.
Now I would like to point out that the third picture was taken after a week and a half of non-stop chasing on his part. But still the difference in the body size of the two pictures does make it seem as though it were multiple different deer.

Back