Spypoint Cameras

EthanMG

Hey guys,
First post on this forum and supper excited for this season. I was wondering if anyone has experience with Spypoint cameras and have a suggested trigger speed, sensitivity, and delay setting suggestions. I bought 5 different cameras and would like to pay the least amount for photo plans as Possible. Also any recommendations for cheapest/ longest lasting batteries? Any advice will be appreciated thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have purchased 9 spypoint cameras since May 2021. I’m down to 4 that now work. Yes, the price point is great but there has got to be some others out there that can last me more than a year & be more dependable for me. The app is easy to use, pics are good enough quality. They give you 100 free pics a month for each camera. I buy mine with solar panel & usually is about $145 for each camera/panel. Very affordable when compared to the higher end cameras. Trigger speed is decent. Overall I give a 7/10 score. If price point is most important go with spypoint. If it isn’t I would recommend looking somewhere else.

I have purchased 9 spypoint cameras since May 2021. I’m down to 4 that now work. Yes, the price point is great but there has got to be some others out there that can last me more than a year & be more dependable for me. The app is easy to use, pics are good enough quality. They give you 100 free pics a month for each camera. I buy mine with solar panel & usually is about $145 for each camera/panel. Very affordable when compared to the higher end cameras. Trigger speed is decent. Overall I give a 7/10 score. If price point is most important go with spypoint. If it isn’t I would recommend looking somewhere else.

Wow that’s unfortunate, I only keep them out three months a year so hopefully they’ll last longer than yours have. I didn’t realize the plan was per camera, so I was wondering what photo settings yield best results while not getting tons of pictures and filling up storage. Thanks for your input!

I’ve gone to moultrie. The edge have been fabulous although I have one SPYPOINT black that still works after 6 yrs of constant use.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Yes, I keep mine out at all times so that could take some life off of them. There are no storage issues. It automatically deletes photos after 30 days. So if I have a picture I really want to keep I just save it to my phone. Honestly I’m going to stay with spypoint for various reasons. #1 price point & 2# it is what I know & familiar with. Old dog new tricks kind of thing lol

Yes, I keep mine out at all times so that could take some life off of them. There are no storage issues. It automatically deletes photos after 30 days. So if I have a picture I really want to keep I just save it to my phone. Honestly I’m going to stay with spypoint for various reasons. #1 price point & 2# it is what I know & familiar with. Old dog new tricks kind of thing lol

Yeah good point. What I meant about storage is the price point of # of images limit. Not sure how often I should have it take pictures/ sensitivity or what package has best value. Do you pay for the unlimited one?

I can set the settings to taking pictures instantly, 1 min, 3 mins, 5 min, 10 min, 15 or 30 min. I can set sensitivity to low, medium or high. I can set it differently for each camera. Depending on how many deer are walking by a particular area is how I will adjust settings. So if I run out of 100 pics on a camera it lets me do 250 more for that month for $5. 1000 pics for the 30 days Is like $10. The 30 days starts over once I make a purchase. During out of season I hardly ever purchase anything & just let the 100 free pics on each camera be enough. Preseason right before like now & Nov.-Dec. I pay for the extra pics. Hope that info helps

I can set the settings to taking pictures instantly, 1 min, 3 mins, 5 min, 10 min, 15 or 30 min. I can set sensitivity to low, medium or high. I can set it differently for each camera. Depending on how many deer are walking by a particular area is how I will adjust settings. So if I run out of 100 pics on a camera it lets me do 250 more for that month for $5. 1000 pics for the 30 days Is like $10. The 30 days starts over once I make a purchase. During out of season I hardly ever purchase anything & just let the 100 free pics on each camera be enough. Preseason right before like now & Nov.-Dec. I pay for the extra pics. Hope that info helps

Yeah good point, I’ll wait and see how many pics I’m getting first then adjust. I’m putting them out this weekend. Probably set sensitivity at low and pics every 3 minutes to start of with thanks for the help

Back