3 pt sprayer recommendations?

Cedar Ridge

I’ve tried prepping my fields for planting the last few years without doing any spraying (I do mow and disk them) but this last year did me in on that. Can’t say that it really hurt the productivity of my fields to not spray them but I hate having my fields look weedy and kind of grown up until the first frost knocks the spring / summer growth back. I’ve looked at some of the brands that are sold at Tractor Supply and places by like that but the reviews are typically pretty brutal on these units. I can’t justify spending a fortune because it’s not like I’m farming for a living but I do want a piece of equipment that will remain reliable for quite some time a second long as it’s taken care of as it should be. I’m thinking in the 40-60 gallon but definitely want a 3 pt option and a wand / spot sprayer option. Anyone have a sprayer that they love and would recommend?

I’ve tried prepping my fields for planting the last few years without doing any spraying (I do mow and disk them) but this last year did me in on that. Can’t say that it really hurt the productivity of my fields to not spray them but I hate having my fields look weedy and kind of grown up until the first frost knocks the spring / summer growth back. I’ve looked at some of the brands that are sold at Tractor Supply and places by like that but the reviews are typically pretty brutal on these units. I can’t justify spending a fortune because it’s not like I’m farming for a living but I do want a piece of equipment that will remain reliable for quite some time a second long as it’s taken care of as it should be. I’m thinking in the 40-60 gallon but definitely want a 3 pt option and a wand / spot sprayer option. Anyone have a sprayer that they love and would recommend?

My sprayers bought at Tractor Supply (Fimco sprayers) have served me well over the years. I rinse them with clean water after using them and run anti- freeze in them in the fall. They sit outside under a lean to all winter and just keep on ticking with minimum problems. They are not high end sprayers; they do however do the job for me.

Thanks Chainsaw. I keep thinking if taken care of like you mention that they would surely do what I need. I get the feeling that some of the reviewers that complain about the reliability don’t always do what they need to do to maintain them.

Ditto on what Chainsaw recommended.

I have a 25 gal Fimco boom sprayer that seems to get the job done.

I did have to to replace the motor on the one I have, but I suspect it's because I didn't rinse well enough after using it.

Rusty

We have a 150 gallon Crop Care that we have had for close to 10 years and we love it. They are not cheap. We do a lot of acres every year between a few properties and it was money well spent for us. I have their ATV sprayer as well and they make quality equipment. I love our sprayers but you don't need to spring for one for plotting.

The Fimco is a fine sprayer, the biggest thing with them as Chainsaw said is taking care of them. Rinse them when you are done using them, (every time) and winterize them by spraying RV antifreeze through them before you store it for winter. Take care of it and it will last a long time.

Back