Wild Idea

Cool! Did you use seed oats or bin run? I'd be curious to see early oats planted alongside late oats.
I just planted bin run this time. I might fine tune it more in the future. Right now I'm mostly comparing how early oats compare to barley planted on April 1st in zone6b. Our bin run oats here are all early oats. And I threw wheat in for a comparison as well, although I'm thinking that the other two will outgrow the wheat.

I’m not convinced that burning is fully out of the question for some landowners in ny... I’m still in the stage of trying to get my local forester and conservation lead to start a trend on that with private landowners... to ur point on using a blower I love that idea. In fact I think it has a ton of promise to remove leaf litter... problem like everyone said is canopy that said I’ve not notice a huge difference in total volume of regen from blown vs Unblown areas and i did a little experiment last year. Additionally, I did want to do another experiment this year to look at if an unblown vs blown in same area had different generation of species type in the same area with equivalent exposure...just be careful of blowing off areas right now on any sloped ground that can be bad, trust me I learned that the hard way... mudslide time ;)

Back