Wild blueberries??

Chipdasqrrl

41dd51caedf1938823ad26e397378965.jpg
IMG_3756.JPG
d65bdaca5babfe3bd022f6983262071e.jpg

They sure look like blueberries to me, but I want to be sure before I eat any. I've never noticed these on my property before

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

This is a pic of the lowbush buleberries that grow wild on my place. Our varieties look a little different, but lots of distance between us. Back when I researched mine I found that there are several different varieties. I didn't save all that info, but you can google wild blueberries and find out a lot of information.

9F798F4D-2CBA-4387-B5B4-897DCA9B3843_zpstsm1uppl.jpg~original

This is a pic of the lowbush buleberries that grow wild on my place. Our varieties look a little different, but lots of distance between us. Back when I researched mine I found that there are several different varieties. I didn't save all that info, but you can google wild blueberries and find out a lot of information.

9F798F4D-2CBA-4387-B5B4-897DCA9B3843_zpstsm1uppl.jpg~original

From what I found on Google, mine are also called lowbush blueberries and they are common in my area of Northern MI. They do look different though. Maybe yours are just healthier, mine don't look so good. Maybe I'll spread a little 13-13-13 fertilizer on it

Ok Native Hunter what county are you in? The ones I know are around the Madison/Estill county line on Red Lick.

All the blue berries I've seen look like those in Native Hunter's pictures. I've picked one other variety in AK but they also look different than your pictures.

The berries sure do look like blue berries but I don't blame you for being hesitant.

Ok Native Hunter what county are you in? The ones I know are around the Madison/Estill county line on Red Lick.

Adair.

Mine came up after I logged. They were lots of places, but I chose a spot near the highway where I wouldn't disturb the sanctuary and have kept the vegetation cleared out around them to keep them from being shaded out. I'm going to keep a patch going this way and they will be easily accessible to me because they are in the woods at the edge of a field and the highway.

Adair.

Mine came up after I logged. They were lots of places, but I chose a spot near the highway where I wouldn't disturb the sanctuary and have kept the vegetation cleared out around them to keep them from being shaded out. I'm going to keep a patch going this way and they will be easily accessible to me because they are in the woods at the edge of a field and the highway.

Do you have blueberries in openings you haven't logged? I'm just curious because the blueberries I found were in an area where I cleared some pines.

Do you have blueberries in openings you haven't logged? I'm just curious because the blueberries I found were in an area where I cleared some pines.

Yes, that is correct. But in this area you will get such a flush of growth from various saplings after logging that blueberries will soon be shaded out. That's why I'm keeping the area that I talked about cleared out. A few minutes each year is all it takes to do that.

Yes, that is correct. But in this area you will get such a flush of growth from various saplings after logging that blueberries will soon be shaded out. That's why I'm keeping the area that I talked about cleared out. A few minutes each year is all it takes to do that.

Gotcha. Have you noticed much browsing on them? I want to make sure the deer won't destroy the only patch of blueberries I've found around here

Back