white cloud crimson clover

shawn cox

I always have planted crimson clover but have been debating on trying the White Cloud Crimson clover this year. Has anyone on here tried it and how did it do for you? Did you notice any difference in usage as compared to regular crimson clover?

Never heard of it. Just ordered 5 lbs to try, which is probably less than 5 lbs, since I believe it's coated.

I planted White Cloud two years ago. It produced a nice stand of clover the following spring, but failed to reseed well. I'm going to overseed with Fixation clover this year. White Cloud was derived from Crimson Clover. From my trials, Dixie Reseeding crimson clover reseeds well the following year. A. U. Robin does pretty well but not as well as Dixie Reseeding. White Cloud was very disappointing in it's ability to reseed.

I planted White Cloud two years ago. It produced a nice stand of clover the following spring, but failed to reseed well. I'm going to overseed with Fixation clover this year. White Cloud was derived from Crimson Clover. From my trials, Dixie Reseeding crimson clover reseeds well the following year. A. U. Robin does pretty well but not as well as Dixie Reseeding. White Cloud was very disappointing in it's ability to reseed.
yes I have always used dixie reseeding and it does great. I like it because I get free seed every year from it. I have decided to forgo the white cloud and use dixie reseeding on the new plots I was going to use the white cloud on.

Back