What is this in my woods?

THE LLC

I found this growing out in my thinned 40 acre pine plantation. Looks like Pampasgrass to me. What say y’all. And, if it is, how in the world did it get out there??

2F6DE8A3-4E8A-4948-ABEE-35F3FA8CC99F.jpeg

Last edited:
I think that’s what it is. It got there the same way my yard is covered with Creeping Charlie and my woods covered with Japanese Stilt Grass.

Does it spread by seed? I think it’s really cool finding something like that just randomly out in the woods. Plus, it is pretty.

Does it spread by seed? I think it’s really cool finding something like that just randomly out in the woods. Plus, it is pretty.

I don't know much about it, but yes, it would be able to spread by seed. My theory on how stuff like that gets started is that tornados spread seed. I once found a few small pieces of debris like siding and roofing in one of my fields from a tornado that happened 180 miles away. My guess is that I also got a few seed. It would make sense.

I don't know much about it, but yes, it would be able to spread by seed. My theory on how stuff like that gets started is that tornados spread seed. I once found a few small pieces of debris like siding and roofing in one of my fields from a tornado that happened 180 miles away. My guess is that I also got a few seed. It would make sense.
Dang Native! Where do you come up with such thoughts? 65 and never considered that. But it sure makes perfectly good sense!

Back