Weed Barrier Machine Rental

BoneCrusher20

Have some wind barriers that needs planting next spring. Read success rate much better if can get it installed with weed barrier fabric, more costly, but maybe not if end up having to replant more.

Either way, does anyone know of places that rent the machine or places that will do the install for you? 1000 yd long w/ few rows would much rather do my machine if possible. Not sure if like NRCS or something like that. Anyone have experience.

When I have planted via cost share through NRCS it has been a contractor that planted, installed drip tape and weed barrier. First the trees are planted with a tree planter and drip tape(optional) installed. Second, the weed barrier machine installs the weed barrier over the trees. The man riding on the machine has a utility knife and slices a slot in the fabric as he passes over the trees(he can see and feel the bent over tree pushing up the fabric). Third, the trees are pulled through the fabric by hand and and heeled into the soft ground.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    971.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG
    769.3 KB · Views: 0
I got the rolls of material and the machine from NRCS.They had me plant my shrubs first then drive over them with the machine the guy that sits on back with a sharp razor knife and when you see the bump of the shrub you make a slit and the shrub pops through the slit.

I got the rolls of material and the machine from NRCS.They had me plant my shrubs first then drive over them with the machine the guy that sits on back with a sharp razor knife and when you see the bump of the shrub you make a slit and the shrub pops through the slit.
sounds like allowed you to just rent though correct to save little coin.

Back