Water Hemp?

Jayber

Thoughts that this may be water hemp......... anyone agree? I do know Gly didnt touch it.

dfc403cb55cfad9dd0b0149fefa1938d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Water hemp. You need to mix another herbicide with the roundup to kill it off. Here I pasted recommendations from a herbicide website;
Use a combination of,
  • glyphosate (group 9),
  • ALS-inhibiting herbicides such as Pursuit®, Classic®, or FirstRate® (Group 2), and
  • PPO-inhibiting herbicides such as Cobra®, Flexstar®, Cadet®, or Ultra Blazer® (Group 14).
Growers who suspect they have a glyphosate-resistant waterhemp problem should use a tank-mixture of glyphosate and a herbicide from Group 14 and/or Group 2 for effective postemergence control. To have success using Group 14 or Group 2 herbicides, waterhemp height should be less than 4 inches.

You may need to mow it first. I usually use Thunder (Pursuit) and roundup.

Water hemp. You need to mix another herbicide with the roundup to kill it off. Here I pasted recommendations from a herbicide website;
Use a combination of,
  • glyphosate (group 9),
  • ALS-inhibiting herbicides such as Pursuit, Classic, or FirstRate (Group 2), and
  • PPO-inhibiting herbicides such as Cobra, Flexstar, Cadet, or Ultra Blazer (Group 14).
Growers who suspect they have a glyphosate-resistant waterhemp problem should use a tank-mixture of glyphosate and a herbicide from Group 14 and/or Group 2 for effective postemergence control. To have success using Group 14 or Group 2 herbicides, waterhemp height should be less than 4 inches.

You may need to mow it first. I usually use Thunder (Pursuit) and roundup.

Thanks!
What was the website you got it from?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well we tried two extreme rates of cobra across the beans and it barely curled the tops of hemp so at the moment the fields look like jjunk, no game plan at the moment.

What size of waterhemp you spraying? It has to be sprayed while fairly small or herbicide will be rather ineffective. Basically thats the same with any weed.
I used Battlestar on it and it smoked all 6" or less and even some a bit larger but I didn't expect it to kill those. I spot spray waterhemp with 24d and it kills it but any broadleaf by it as well.

when you pay 20grand each time it gets sprayed you expect results no matter the size, most were 8-10" at the time of spraying, 2-3ft or better now, 2-4d, roundup, crossbow none of it will kill the water hemp here no matter the rate or size of plant anymore.

Back