Twightlight Zone or Maybe The Walking Dead

dogghr

Anyone who has ever read much of my ramblings know that I'm always imploring to turn off the electronic media for and hour or longer and listen to the voices in ones head and all that is around. My farm is in a small cell dead zone, and while I can get signal is some areas on the property, for the most part I enjoy, and look forward to my disconnect from the constant barage of interaction with the world.
Ran across this article form the Times thot was funny since indeed the area around the Greenbank Observatory is a cell dead zone, it gives a perspective of life without constant connection.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/...le=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=Sunday Review

Best part about our cabin is no cell service. Land line for an emergency and life couldn’t be better. Not a worry in the world!

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call dogghr's chicory plot......

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call dogghr's chicory plot......
You are one wild and crazy guy Native. LOL.
Best part about our cabin is no cell service. Land line for an emergency and life couldn’t be better. Not a worry in the world!
I'll admit, I'm a bit surprised someone of younger age such as you would like being without phone. I know I've seen my son in his previous job get an email from his boss at 10 pm with the expectation it would be answered that night. No wonder todays society is so stressed. I'll admit I'm more addicted to technology that I wish sometimes.

Ahhhh...The pure bliss of solitude at one's sanctuary. I had that from 2011 until sometime early this year. Verizon had signal everywhere. AT&T, no cell service except at the cabin and then it was very sporadic. No txts, attachments, emails, etc., would come thru for years. My son has Verizon and always had cell service. Now the tides have shifted. AT&T pretty much everywhere on the farm and Verizon not so much.

Not sure which I like better. Being connected ain't all bad.

Ahhhh...The pure bliss of solitude at one's sanctuary. I had that from 2011 until sometime early this year. Verizon had signal everywhere. AT&T, no cell service except at the cabin and then it was very sporadic. No txts, attachments, emails, etc., would come thru for years. My son has Verizon and always had cell service. Now the tides have shifted. AT&T pretty much everywhere on the farm and Verizon not so much.

Not sure which I like better. Being connected ain't all bad.
I often ask my dog if she is going to get help if I have an accident at the farm and no cell phone connection. Pretty sure she is no Lassie. But I'll take the peace, personally.

Back