Turkey 2022

Charleston Treeman

Watched this fella all deer season.
ee60ed0e0d80bf545d1aa88a45be4390.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Finally got a chance after years of dreaming and went to Florida early to get my Osceola this year. Now we’ll see how planting goes if we can finish early an get a chance to go chase merriams and Rios to do my slam in a year.

Attachments

• 5DA4EE5A-2AA4-48CA-BF35-8A80823AED76.jpeg
    5DA4EE5A-2AA4-48CA-BF35-8A80823AED76.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
Finally got a chance after years of dreaming and went to Florida early to get my Osceola this year. Now we’ll see how planting goes if we can finish early an get a chance to go chase merriams and Rios to do my slam in a year.
Picture is missing...

Do you already have the slam and just want to try all in one year or is this you’re first attempt?

First attempt. Was just gonna do the Osceola this year and then maybe go west another year. But have a possibility of an opportunity to hunt Oklahoma for Rios so it got me to thinking about trying for it all in one year. I’ll try to post picture again. F9AF28B1-BB06-4B2F-A8AB-01DAC3B7AA05.jpeg

Man if it ain’t a John Deere green star I can’t operate it. I can’t figure out how to post a normal picture the right way sorry

Great horned owls kill full grown gobblers regularly. Especially when the owls are breeding and become very territorial

Great Horned Owls? That's a new one to me. We have lots of those around here. Do they get them off the roost?
Yes, the great horned owls will wipe out a brood. But you have to give them some credit on the plus side. Dr Chamberlain - supposedly one of the top turkey biologists in the south, was doing a study on the relationship between predators and turkeys and they had telemetry equip on three or four coons, a couple gray fox, and a skunk or two - and a pair of great horned owls killed every one of them.

Back