Triple C's Place

Looking good! Hang out with that little buddy all you can. I cherish each minute I have with mine...oldest is also 19.
Do we have names for those new stand locations? Back Forty West 7, Eastern Western South plot, Where Tree Meets Field,
Porky's Haven?

Looking good! Hang out with that little buddy all you can. I cherish each minute I have with mine...oldest is also 19.
Do we have names for those new stand locations? Back Forty West 7, Eastern Western South plot, Where Tree Meets Field,
Porky's Haven?
Ha! Of course. The "Grassy Knoll" blind mounted on the sled and the "Upper-Lower" blind on the 4x4's. Gotta have a name for all of em.

Grandsons and I have a new 85 wooded acres to hunt this year and having trouble coming up with a name. "Rattlesnake Swamp" has a certain ring to it but I don't like the implications.

Grandsons and I have a new 85 wooded acres to hunt this year and having trouble coming up with a name. "Rattlesnake Swamp" has a certain ring to it but I don't like the implications.
Rattlesnake Swamp ain't gonna cut it. Surely you have a lot of willow trees in the swamp. I'd go with Willow Wood Farm or Willow Breeze Farm.

Well boys...been 6 months since I've updated this thread. Honestly, going into the 13th season on our place, there's just not much new to report. Things are pretty much on auto-pilot these days.

Started out in 2011 when oldest grandson was 7. He's now 19. Sheeez...where do the years go. Grand daughters are now little women it seems.

Still haven't retired. 67 and still swinging. Just can't seem to find the right time to say I'm done but definitely on the one yard line.

Spending a whole bunch of time with my "Lil Man". Youngest grandchild that turned 8 in May. Soaking up every minute I can with him in my presence as I know the days are numbered when we'll be hang out buddies like we are today.

Plenty of moisture this year so the replanting of loblolly pine we did back in January is doing very well.

Only improvements we've made to the place is the addition of 2 more elevated blinds - Antler Shed. Made in Louisiana. Had a Redneck out since 2015 without any issues whatsoever. I think these are going to be very durable as well and think I may like them even better. Perfect accommodation for kids n guests.
- All metal construction.
- Very well built.
- Sliding tinted windows rather than the flip windows in the Redneck.
- Fully carpeted including walls and ceiling.
- Portable 5 ft sled option for moving the stand to different locations by hooking to the sled and dragging with a tractor.
- Easy to erect if putting on 4x4 posts with cross bracing.

A few pics.
View attachment 26111View attachment 26112View attachment 26113View attachment 26115View attachment 26116

Blind on the sled platform
View attachment 26117
View attachment 26118

Been slinging a lot of arrows in the basement this summer
View attachment 26119View attachment 26120

Brooks n his buddy been in CO for 2 weeks chasing elk n Miley’s. I’ll post some pics of his trip when they get home.
Them Blinds look amazing!

On the trail down into our bottom, one of the first walks down there together after we got the place we saw a Snake in the water hole that we drained that day. Son started saying "where we saw that cottonmouth crossing" and eventually it just became known as Cottonmouth Crossing.

Funny thing is (or good thing I should say) is we have never seen another there since. But the name stuck.

Back