Tree tube mystery

buckhunter10

I had a beautiful apple tree tubed in my back orchard behind the house. It has been ripped off the tree twice now.

I have no idea what's doing it. I can tell deer ate the tree after it was untubed.

Could a buck be rubbing it?

Are there bee hives in it? Coons or bears will do this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So no hives that I noticed. I also don't have bears near where I live in northern Ohio. Finally could be a coon I suppose and I was wondering about that as well but two nights in a row and no real draw to a coon - fruit, hives, etc.

I have had coons rip my tubes apart to get after wasps.......last summer they shredded 20+ tubes in one week.

I had a wire cage removed from a chestnut tree that I discovered yesterday.....damn deer eat and rubbed the snot out of it. Turned a six foot vibrant tree into a 3 foot abused stick!

I had a wire cage removed from a chestnut tree that I discovered yesterday.....damn deer eat and rubbed the snot out of it. Turned a six foot vibrant tree into a 3 foot abused stick!

This is exactly what has happened to me! Nothing in tube either. Damn deer!!! Love me and hate em!

This is exactly what has happened to me! Nothing in tube either. Damn deer!!! Love me and hate em!
In my case I am not sure it was done intentionally. I think maybe he got his rack hung up on it and them pulled it free.....then there was a nice treat remaining! I guess I would rather have that then have him entangled in the wire cage and suffer....... Still torqued me off though!!!!

I've had several tree tubes knocked down, and multiple times. I put 'em up, he knocked 'em down. He finally started rubbing a cedar pretty close by. I assume it was the buck that knocked 'em down because hogs usually leave a little mud stain on anything they rub against.

I've had several tree tubes knocked down, and multiple times. I put 'em up, he knocked 'em down. He finally started rubbing a cedar pretty close by. I assume it was the buck that knocked 'em down because hogs usually leave a little mud stain on anything they rub against.
This might call for capital punishment?

Several years ago, from my kitchen window, I watched a button buck bashing the snot out of a tube on a dolgo with his hooves. The little juvenile delinquent appeared like he was enjoying every minute of it.

I have had bucks do this numerous times. Also have had them rip a 5 feet cage off an apple, rub the crap out of the tree, and stomp the cage flat. Stupid things.

Back