"Top of the Hill"

Renting a few camps out is an option; There are lots of advantages over the build camps and sell them as you go. Having the rental cottages (camps) on the pond has worked out very well for us. While it was and is a lot of work at times we found the overall deal to be fun as well as profitable. Call me or visit anytime and we can talk about the ins and outs of it all. It is not a short term high profit deal but over the long haul the dollars really add up. It can be done really wrong for the area or it can be done slowly and frugally.

Guys with full time visions might see a campground with a few dozen camps, fifty camp sites, restaurant and lodge, wedding hall, etc. Likely in my mind although with no first hand knowledge, some of the restaurants on the Hill now are having twenty-thousand plus $ days on peak weekend events. When there are ten thousand people in an area with only a handful of facilities there is a lot of bucks to be had. Still a simple rental camp, a very simple camp to start off with would be right for me. Would still have the hunting and a life and a thousand $ here and a thousand there adds up also.

Rental markets,
fisherman-salmon season, snow mobilers, deer hunters, snowshoe rabbit hunters, ATV's/UTV's, cross country skiers, dog sled tournaments, bear hunters.

Last edited:
I have to make a work run to your area soon. Aren’t you in the “market” for an excavator? You must have a good lunch spot. Maybe next week if you are around.

Sounds good. This is a busy season for me but I do take time to eat and talk deer hunting and keeping land and retiring with lots to do. And it is possible I could be in need of renting a small excavator later this year. The excavator guys I have hired are good but they are just too busy to stay in one place very long. Figure out the driving distance from your land to Altmar; that info will come in handy in our discussions.

Edit; Add duck hunters, snow geese hunters and steelhead fisherman to the list. We get calls from each every so often but we are closed when their seasons are in as we chose to handle late spring ,summer, and early fall rentals as that is the heaviest demand for the Pond area and steelhead guys like to come during the colder months and duck season happens late October/November and of course the peak snow geese flights coincide with the first spring snow melts.

Last edited:
Area is finally clear. Still need to run the rake over it. Probably added almost 1/2 acre and access to 6 native trees. I released them a couple years ago but just dropped the trees. Now they will get full sun and clover at some point.
f12c7c8cf96578a1dafa43b148d85203.jpg
25c65ad0fcc8255d2cbb853d1c780079.jpg
67ac7a87aeabf800496f3bf1a863f047.jpg
3a41e7ebd260e16b71f030d5722cfe10.jpg
137f0361deb757da7a4a6d51c0168d79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I grafted a few trees to make a corner inside the plot. In between the apples are silky dogwood and mine bark.
8f7ecd41bc6a842566dff9fecb3d1dbe.jpg
3db2b4243248a2f0f9ee6d6aa5de1737.jpg
f71f49a7ab33ca0ce2db1b15bf15dab1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back