This is How You Do It

dogghr

I typically refuse to discuss politics or religion, or sometimes even deer management as each person has their opinion and are entitled to that. And moderators can delete this thread if they feel necessary, I would understand.
But for the first time ever, and partly because it is pouring rain on my day off, this Deplorable is going to watch every second of the inauguration today.
The best part is watching the agenda oriented media grovel to both save face yet still force their thinking on the American public. They still just don't get it.
So anyway, my hard working, tax paying , America loving,ass will be parked on my couch with pizza and beer enjoying the moment. God Bless America. Enjoy your freedom.

Nothing wrong with that. I have never watched one outside of grade school.....I hardly watch any mainstream TV anymore - the news is the worst. I'll stick to History and Discovery channels and a south park episode and be done with it. Couch sit'n , pizza eat'n and beer drink'n.....sounds like a good start to the weekend to me!

Trump flew in for the anti-safe act rally and gave a roaring speech to our cause in Albany NY and we held up signs Trump For Governor! He smiled but didn't say a word about the signs. Little did we know what was coming next. I will be watching the inauguration as well.
And like Fish, a first in many, many years!

Last edited:
I will be at work streaming it live on my computer. Wouldn't miss it for the world. I am just going to miss the pizza and beer my customers might not like that idea. This is going to be a great day in American history, 50 years from now when most of us our gone our grandchildren are going to be talking about Trump being one of the greatest presidents in history standing up for the deplorable's of the Great USA.

Thanks for my service rings hollow, and I know I'm not the only vet who felt proud of the wreath laying at the "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier", and seeing RESPECT on display. That was followed my patriotic music from our military that filled me with PRIDE, and that's a huge step forward from empty lip service. I will be watch today also, and don't thank me for my service!

Last edited:
DVR is set to kick in at 11am Okie Time. Felt like closing the clinic today to celebrate "Make America Great Again"

If I hear one more time "Peaceful Transition of Power" Phrase has been used a little too much.
America's power does not transition. Our forefathers created that power with the Constitution and spread power around. Protecting that Constitution is what maintains the peaceful power.

If I hear one more time "Peaceful Transition of Power" Phrase has been used a little too much.
America's power does not transition. Our forefathers created that power with the Constitution and spread power around. Protecting that Constitution is what maintains the peaceful power.
Well said, and as I expected still underlying insulting " digs" thrown in by media toward The Donald. I love their frustration and hope they enjoy their dreamed up grade school drama for the next 8 years.

Well said, and as I expected still underlying insulting " digs" thrown in by media toward The Donald. I love their frustration and hope they enjoy their dreamed up grade school drama for the next 8 years.
I don't recall any of that stuff happening the previous 2 election cycles...I know we were aggravated but we just got up and went to work the day after the previous 2 elections...

I don't recall any of that stuff happening the previous 2 election cycles...I know we were aggravated but we just got up and went to work the day after the previous 2 elections...

Agreed. I complained and was very critical of policy, but I still insisted he was America's president. And believe me, if some assassin had taken him out, I would've wanted the guy's head on a spit. He may have been an amateur and wrong on policy, but he was America's amateur!

I said some ugly things about him during this most recent election cycle, but I never wanted to break windows, etc. And I thought criticizing his wife's looks or being ugly towards his kids was out of bounds.

I thought this was as good a place as any to share this.

Full disclosure - this came from another forum from a member named "Foggy" - some of us that have been around the block know EXACTLY who "Foggy" is - him and his dot! Anyway - I thought this was terribly funny and wanted to share.... If this is out of line - it can be removed.

BEER AND THE WHEEL

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel.
Beer required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture.

Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

The wheel was invented to get man to the beer and vice versa. These two were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:
1. Liberals. 2. Conservatives.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to BBQ at night while they were drinking beer.
This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were less skilled at hunting (called 'vegetarians' which was an early human word meaning 'bad hunter') learned to live off the Conservatives by showing up for the nightly BBQ's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hairdressing. This was the beginning of the liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men evolved into women. Others became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that Conservatives provided.

Over the years Conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass for obvious reasons.

Modern Liberals like lite beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: many liberal women have higher testosterone levels than their men.

Most college professors, social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, film makers in Hollywood, group therapists and community organizers are liberals. Liberals meddled in our national pastime and invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink real beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are members of the military, big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, airline pilots, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other Conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when Conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history. It should be noted that a liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to this post.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be shared immediately to other true believers and to just piss-off more liberals.

And there you have it. Let your next action reveal your true self, I'm going to grab a few beers and grill some steaks!

Back