Streaming Device used for Wildlife

PineSapJunky

Cell cameras are great for what they do as long as you have cell service somewhere. Working away from home they help a ton to keep an eye on things. I took this a step further and installed a wireless battery powered outdoor camera with solar panel in a field frequented by a lot of wildlife. It runs off wifi signal which I had to buy a outdoor booster to reach my target. None the less I am excited to see things live. It also will record videos onto a micro SD card that you can remotely access just in case you miss something. I have the exact same setup looking in my dog pen and around the house. We shall see how well it works at a distance.
063b42ffafcdbf9328128ed5c7496304.jpg
8fd96b7b95755751f31aadabdc18f87a.jpg

Is that an Arlo? I'm thinking about doing something similar to this.
It's a Reolink Argus 2 with the solar panel. Other than the cable running from the solar panel to the camera it is 100% wire free. I've never had an issue with low battery with the solar panel. Easiest to setup by far.

Wow! That is great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It really does open up some possibilities. These cameras WITH the solar panel are only $139 shipped!! And it comes with a 2 year warranty!!! I plan on seeing just how far my booster will reach and the coverage I can get.

It really does open up some possibilities. These cameras WITH the solar panel are only $139 shipped!! And it comes with a 2 year warranty!!! I plan on seeing just how far my booster will reach and the coverage I can get.
What brand and model booster do you have?
I've been shopping for one of these security cameras for a while. I have a buddy with one on his house and it works slick. If I could use a booster to put one a couple hundred yds from my house it would be great!

What brand and model booster do you have?
I've been shopping for one of these security cameras for a while. I have a buddy with one on his house and it works slick. If I could use a booster to put one a couple hundred yds from my house it would be great!

TP-Link Model CPE210. It was like $40 on Amazon. It's a 2.4ghz model. There's probably better and more expensive. But for the price I can't see how I could go wrong. Plus for like $8 extra I got the no questions asked return and get a new one policy that covers 4 years. All in all. Even with the 100ft cat6 cable I was right at $200 for the entire setup.

I'm a flip phone guy in a I phone world. This really makes me feel old.
I know what you mean. My wife's claims I was born 150 years too late. But just because I'm oldschool in my way of thinking doesn't I'm going to let technology pass me by. My kids know more about today's technology than I do. If it takes more than 5 steps I'm pretty much lost

I know what you mean. My wife's claims I was born 150 years too late. But just because I'm oldschool in my way of thinking doesn't I'm going to let technology pass me by. My kids know more about today's technology than I do. If it takes more than 5 steps I'm pretty much lost
One thing for sure ,I won't die stepping off a curb and being hit by a bus because I was staring at my phone.

OK a a question from another technology primitive, do these wireless cameras interfere with other local wi-fi signals? I get frequent interference on my wireless computer. I always suspected it was someone trying to hi-jack my wi'fi signal. Is that possible? Are these cameras and their wi-fi password protected?

I have not experienced any interference as of yet. Both the booster and the camera are protected along with my network. Someone would be hard pressed to "hack" my system. I have changed all of the default I.P. addresses to custom to keep someone from being able to backdoor me.

Forgive my ignorance. I am a novice for sure. Does the booster boost a cell tower antenna signal? If so that is just what I need. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum
Not this particular booster. It takes the wifi signal from my router inside the house and sends it a long way across my pasture, through the woods and into another field. They do make cell signal boosters though but they are expensive.

Will this actually work? I had thought that it was necessary to have a tp link antennae at the router and also one at the remote camera location but felt the remote antennae would not be compatible with solar power. I suppose your 100 ft of CAT 6 cable is to connect your router to the tp link antennae mounted outside your home?

Cell cameras are great for what they do as long as you have cell service somewhere. Working away from home they help a ton to keep an eye on things. I took this a step further and installed a wireless battery powered outdoor camera with solar panel in a field frequented by a lot of wildlife. It runs off wifi signal which I had to buy a outdoor booster to reach my target. None the less I am excited to see things live. It also will record videos onto a micro SD card that you can remotely access just in case you miss something. I have the exact same setup looking in my dog pen and around the house. We shall see how well it works at a distance.
063b42ffafcdbf9328128ed5c7496304.jpg
8fd96b7b95755751f31aadabdc18f87a.jpg
Pinesap, you've had this put together for a while... what's your review? You are doing this EXACTLY how I'd planned on doing it and I'm very curious as to what you think. Anything you would change? Still like the gear you bought? Is it working how you had hoped?

Thanks!

Pinesap, you've had this put together for a while... what's your review? You are doing this EXACTLY how I'd planned on doing it and I'm very curious as to what you think. Anything you would change? Still like the gear you bought? Is it working how you had hoped?

Thanks!
Honestly I really can't complain. My wifi booster took a dive a few months ago. I had bought the 3 year protection plan so I return it and got another one. I can tell when the internet is being used a lot at the house because it may take a time or two to connect to it. I have yet to have any issues with the camera or solar panel or the ability to hold charge. It is fun being able to watch things live when I'm away. I am pretty impressed with the infrared lights as well. All in all I don't think I would change anything given the price I paid.

Side note, we had a tropical storm come through a while back that knocked out power for almost a week (we have a generator) We have wireless internet that works off the cell tower that wasn't effected by the storm. I was able to turn the booster to face our neighbors on the north side of the pasture so their little girl could stream cartoons until their power and dsl came back on. They are 3/4 mile away. Pretty cool.
256f357aee15413c142b3d839c40c136.jpg
d2e62cf6139cde46ad50764aa53977e5.jpg

This is really cool. So has the setup helped with your hunting success? Also how do you monitor it? Mostly via your phone or iPad?

Back