Son's first deer

The Bruce

IMG_2645.JPG My middle son is on the board! It's taken a couple years but I finally got him on his first deer. I'm so thankful it all worked out for him.
We got in the stand this past Friday (late ml for ky) a little later than normal. It was already light out. We settled into the tree. My stand was one one side of the big red oak and his on the other facing the opposite direction. No sooner as I got the CVA accura loaded up and handed to him I started to hear footsteps coming from his side of the tree. They sounded so close I was afraid to move or for fear of spooking the deer. I whispered over my shoulder "do you see the deer?" He said no and I was like how in the world can't you see it? It's right under us! Then he finally spots the deer , raises the gun and shoots! I turn to see this guy struggling to get up and then managing to find his feet and scamper down the hill. I'm too busy reloading the ml to know where it was it or anything about the shot. We waited about an hour. I was worried he hit him high from the way the deer went down but got back up. But we found good blood immediately and trailed it right to him about 100 yards down into the depths of the ravine. I'm so happy for the little guy. His brother who's a year older has already shot two deer and I wanted to even the score a bit! This buck did the trick as it's quite a bit bigger than my oldest son's first buck. Haha. Proud son. Proud papa.

Glad to see another young hunter added to the ranks......you will remember that hunt for a lifetime. Congrats to both of you as I know sometimes getting them to the point of even getting a shot can be a struggle as well!

Nice job and nice deer ! Those ravines are fun aren't they!
They always seem to run downhill. Couldn't get the tractor to start so what would have been an arduous drag to the end of the point turned into quite a chore all the way back to the truck. Worth every step Haha.

His smile and the pic paints a 1000 words. Nothing I can add to that but congrats to the both of you. A moment in time that neither of you will ever forget!

Congrats to you both! That is a great deer. Good memories that will last a life time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back