SD Card Question

buckdeer85

Hey guys, I’ve been a reader on this forum for years. First post. Forgive me if this question have been asked. Just bought my first cell cam. Spypoint Micro S LTE. Love it so far. My question isn’t really about the brand though. It is more of a technology curiosity question. I got a 16gb sd card micro. I plan on leaving out the camera for the foreseeable future without physically going to it. It is in a natural deer trail crossing area about 100 yards from my stand. I’m getting several pics already. Let’s say the 16gb card holds 10,000 pics more or less. What happens when it reaches that “limit”? (I know it may take awhile) Will it continue to send more new pics to my Spypoint phone app, or will it automatically delete the oldest pics from the card & just send new ones, or will literally no new pics be saved to be able to send to the phone app? If so, would I then have to physically go there & electronically delete the pics from the card? Any guidance appreciated, thanks.

Hey guys, I’ve been a reader on this forum for years. First post. Forgive me if this question have been asked. Just bought my first cell cam. Spypoint Micro S LTE. Love it so far. My question isn’t really about the brand though. It is more of a technology curiosity question. I got a 16gb sd card micro. I plan on leaving out the camera for the foreseeable future without physically going to it. It is in a natural deer trail crossing area about 100 yards from my stand. I’m getting several pics already. Let’s say the 16gb card holds 10,000 pics more or less. What happens when it reaches that “limit”? (I know it may take awhile) Will it continue to send more new pics to my Spypoint phone app, or will it automatically delete the oldest pics from the card & just send new ones, or will literally no new pics be saved to be able to send to the phone app? If so, would I then have to physically go there & electronically delete the pics from the card? Any guidance appreciated, thanks.
My experience is it will just stop taking photos and give a card full error but I don’t have that same camera.

Not familiar with the Spypoint app, but most cell cams will "loop" which means they will over write the pictures starting with the oldest one first.

With my Spypoint Link-Micro (first generation), I've never come close to filling a 32G card. I change the batteries every 6 months, but that's just for peace of mind. I swap cards and batteries. I reuse the batteries (lithium AA's) around the house. I've only touched the camera a handful of times in the last 2 years. It stays out 365 days a year.

Thanks for the input. Also, yes should have mentioned earlier the camera runs on solar with the lithium inside. Gets minimal sunlight. It's been out 8 days & right now is at 93% battery. It stays at 25% cell reception.

And, to answer your question, it will keep taking pics when the card is full. It deletes the oldest file to store the new one. (Like @Bowhunter said)

Back