Salmon - AK style...Somebody else gotta try this

Triple C

2 years ago I had the good fortune of fly fishing in Nondalton, AK. Best meal of the week was a stream side meal the guide prepared by gathering drift wood, building a fire, throwing a grate over it and cooking 4 fresh salmon fillets, each prepared 4 different ways.

The over the top, off the chain fillet that everybody wanted more of was prepared with a base of spicy mayo, diced jalapenos and then covered in Ruffles brand cheddar cheese n sour cream chips. It was off the charts good! Here's a pic of the guide preparing the fillets. The fillet on the right is the one completely covered in chips.
AK Salmon IV.jpg
AK Salmon VIII.JPG

Fast forward 2 years later and I teed this up for the Ms and me this past weekend. I used Boar's Head spicy mayo smeared all over the fillet, then sprinkled pickled diced jalapenos on it followed by crushed Ruffles cheddar n sour cream chips. Threw it on the grill for bout 10 minutes and paired it with wild rice n cauliflower au gratin. Holy Smokes boys!!! Wife didn't want any spice on hers so I just marinaded her fillet in the usual soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, water concoction then covered hers in chips. But...come time to eat she wanted mine. No marinade needed on the one on the left.

You gotta try this and let us know how you like it.
AK Salmon VII.jpg
AK Salmon Plated.jpg

Looks good. Let me know when you open Triple C restaurant up.
Ha! That's what my kids tell me...open a biscuit barn when I retire. It'd be work rather than fun if that were the case. Give that salmon recipe a try and let us know what you think. Don't be shy on the chipotle mayo and jalapenos.

Even better with Martins ;) Buddy is a guide up in AK and I have to send him Martins because they don’t have them!

What is Martins. Never heard of it.

08af9a3966733ab11d4fd257492d568a.jpg

They don’t have them down south as well! Made in southern PA, and a staple around these parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08af9a3966733ab11d4fd257492d568a.jpg

They don’t have them down south as well! Made in southern PA, and a staple around these parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao, I was embarrassed to ask as I thot it was a whiskey or such I'd never heard of. Even googled and couldn't find anything but Martin guitar and a grocer.

Well there ya go. 63 and still learning a lil summin useful from time to time. Next time I'm in PA I'm teeing me up some Martin's.

Back