QDM magazine gone cheap

Bullwinkle

Got this months edition. Cheapened the paper. Matt finish vs high gloss.

All those forum members leaving must have had an impact- cost cutting??? I liked the high quality of the old magazine as a paper lover

It's funny, I've never had a reason to visit their site since the forum was shutdown. This month magazine was as poor. A lot of fill ads and people pictures. The only interesting article was how nutrition can trump genetics.

I don't know if mat paper is less expensive, but it does seem they have lost their compass. I had a friend who, as a young man, was a amateur photographer. When he became a professional ,he lost all the joy of a hobby. He traded it for drudgery of a full time job. Maybe those folks in Georgia traded the thing they loved for a full time job and a paycheck and lost the joy. It is not the same.

How many emails did get get during their national push to raise $50,000? I have seen NWTF banquets in small towns do that in one night. The forum was my final straw, I haven't regretted letting my membership expire in the least.

I canceled mine also,too bad they had to get that way,I enjoyed their mag and forum.I also won 3 guns in 2 years at the local banquet

Got this months edition. Cheapened the paper. Matt finish vs high gloss.

All those forum members leaving must have had an impact- cost cutting??? I liked the high quality of the old magazine as a paper lover

It's funny, I've never had a reason to visit their site since the forum was shutdown. This month magazine was as poor. A lot of fill ads and people pictures. The only interesting article was how nutrition can trump genetics.
Not sure about that. It seemed to burn quite well in the fireplace. Lit up with no problem. Last mag I get they said. Never was too impressed with mag as it just copied info that was being given on the forum. Followed the interests shown in the forum very closely each publication. They got exposure of 300-400 people / wk in my office. No more.
Did enjoy the deer aging tho. Only issue I have now is how to spend the 35$ I saved not renewing membership. They made the choice.

Eight or nine years ago? That magazine was something else imo. I dont miss it. I wont be renewing my NWTF membership, either. Articles there is just so so.

What is this magazine and forum you speak of??? Obviously I jest! I doubt our moving on without them had any real impact, but I know it didn't help their cause. I haven't even looked at their new forum. I got everything I need in a few other forums without them. Without having to worry about the hidden agenda of making money and stroking corporations. They want to cheap out and the like that is their biz - control/send that message!!!! They won't get another dime from me. Screw the "Q"!

Back