Passed “Ten” a few days ago...

Your restraint has reached "legend status" Okie!!! I think we (a lot of guys on this forum) should do a "Deer Swap" think wife swap just without the wife....lol. If you see a 5 year old 10pt it is either 30 seconds before the end of legal light or running 90 to nothing across a cutover. These deer down here suffer from PTSD and act accordingly.

You must have everything working absolutely perfectly Okie. Great footage and congratulations on another super season so far.

Your restraint has reached "legend status" Okie!!! I think we (a lot of guys on this forum) should do a "Deer Swap" think wife swap just without the wife....lol. If you see a 5 year old 10pt it is either 30 seconds before the end of legal light or running 90 to nothing across a cutover. These deer down here suffer from PTSD and act accordingly.
Thanks PSJ...I know it’s risky on a really small property but I had my sights set on the deer I killed 2 days later. I hope he makes it but his wondering about more in daylight this year has me worried. Last year I saw him with my own eyes once...so far this year he has paraded around me 4 times and seems to have no fear. Even eyeballing me in the tree a few times but never spooking...our rifle season begins tomorrow and Is a big deal. I have no control over what happens to the bucks but my plan since I am done is to let the 14 yr old grandson hunt tomorrow and my wife will hunt a few days and the rest of the time just stay out and hopefully they keep a small boundary. Sometimes it works, sometimes not...had a lot of really great ones go missing over the years...

You must have everything working absolutely perfectly Okie. Great footage and congratulations on another super season so far.
Thanks Chainsaw. I do feel blessed and can only imagine it will get better when we timber part of the property and finally have that thick bedding type cover in a few years that we need to hold doe groups on the property year round. That is our weakest link...

File that under "Never" for Florida. Plus, unless you're on a plot, you can't see that far in the woods down here....too thick.

If one of our bucks were teleported to woods that open in daylight, they’d immediately die of stroke upon opening their eyes. Impressive.

My son has a friend who lives in OK and he always has pics of great bucks on his cams. I think it’s in the water !:D

Back