Oldest hunting garment that you still wear...

Triple C

Any of you older guys have a favorite piece of old hunting clothing that you still wear? I've got one that has been with me since either 1989 or 1990. It's a Rattler's Brand original realtree chamois shirt I bought from Dan Quillian's Archery Traditions shop in Athens, GA. It's going on 27 or 28 years old and still my favorite fall shirt to wear. Can't believe it's still in great condition. Here's a few pics.

From 1993
IMG_2829.jpg

From 2014
IMG_5036.jpg

Logo on front of shirt
IMG_2755.jpg

Hope to pass this one down in a few years. Let's see your oldest hunting garment that you still wear today.

Rattlers brand was some tuff stuff. I got a Rattlers brand fanny pack that belonged to my wife's grandpa that I still use. It's probably been through 20+ seasons.
I've got one pair of pants that I still wear that I bought when I was 16 so they are almost 20 years old. Still same vibrant colors as when I bought them. Not sure what the fabric is but wish I could find more. I have a theory that Bass Pro doesn't sell them anymore because they want clothes to fade and wear out quicker so you'll replace more often.

Rattlers brand was some tuff stuff. I got a Rattlers brand fanny pack that belonged to my wife's grandpa that I still use. It's probably been through 20+ seasons.

possum...Bet I got the same fanny pack. An old Rattler's Brand that I bought when I bought the shirt. I'll have to find it and take a pic.

Im not superstitious but i have my favorite "lucky" hunting hat that I found in 1987. As for the rattler brand, I wish there was more high quality clothing available.

I've got a Bob Fratzke Winona Camo vest that I bought back in the '80s. It still looks darn good, probably because I couldn't zip it up for a decade or so in the early 2000's.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Dont have a picture of it but I have a hooded camo pull over my mom sewed for me when I was probably 12-14 years old. That makes it a solid 30 + years old! Surprisingly it still fits. I am sure it was big on me then and it is a little snug now, but I still where it on occasion.

I have a Woolrich jacket my father bought in th late 60s or early 70s when they lived in PA. He gave it to me in the 90s when he got too big round the middle for it. Don't get a whole lot of use in SC cause its never really that cold, but I have worn it in a box stand a few times.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Back