Ok, this is unreal

One of the things I found to work is treating your "yard" with the stuff to kill the grubs. This removes the food source for both skunks and moles and as such reduces the desire for these other critters to be there. It sort of put a damper on the dogs fun in the process, but at least now my yard doesn't look like a mine field!!!!!

Finally got one of them in a "Dog Proof". Don't know what he was doing out last night .... it is 22 degrees out there right now! Lung shot him with the .17 HMR. He didn't spray but he still smells a little skunky so I decided to leave him out there in "cold storage" for a couple of days.

Finally got one of them in a "Dog Proof". Don't know what he was doing out last night .... it is 22 degrees out there right now! Lung shot him with the .17 HMR. He didn't spray but he still smells a little skunky so I decided to leave him out there in "cold storage" for a couple of days.

Cool. You have better luck than I. If I use anything less than a .223 they always seem to spray. I shoot them behind the shoulder with my .223 and I can take them out of the trap without the stench. My buddy makes coyote bait with the skunk essence, so he harvests it from my catches.

Gallon of bleach, gallon of ammonia five gallon bucket of dirt in the hole. Don't breath in the yellow gas.

We have always used a live trap as well. If one end is dark, they will curl up and go to sleep during the day. A buddy had a trap modified with a sheet metal box on one end for this. Then we cover it up with a sheet and take it to a river or a large garbage can filled with water and drop it in. No mess not stench.

Back