No luck so far

yoderjac

I've hunted 3 evening so far. Saw nothing opening day. Yesterday I had a shot opportunity at a 6pt but it was too young to shoot at the farm. I also saw a spike and one unidentified deer that evening. Tonight I had a half-spike at 10 yards. I haven't seen a doe yet.

I am constrained to box blinds with my knee. I'm hoping that before long my knee heals enough for a ladder stand. I won't be hunting tomorrow but hope to get out Sunday evening.

Anyone else having any luck?

I've hunted 3 evening so far. Saw nothing opening day. Yesterday I had a shot opportunity at a 6pt but it was too young to shoot at the farm. I also saw a spike and one unidentified deer that evening. Tonight I had a half-spike at 10 yards. I haven't seen a doe yet.

I am constrained to box blinds with my knee. I'm hoping that before long my knee heals enough for a ladder stand. I won't be hunting tomorrow but hope to get out Sunday evening.

Anyone else having any luck?
Not out yet, hoping to get out next Thursday, if the cool front is still “cooling” by then. I despise hunting in the heat.

Back