New land to Morrasic Park

Cmorris

In my attempt to add to my 106 acres in KY i have pulled the trigger on a new section that adjoins with a 4 acre Lake. I am not so sure that I got a "great" deal, I wanted the lake as an added activity for future family!! its 44.1 Acres so it brings me to 150 total.

What do you all think? I am planning on a 12x12 deck with a dock for a john boat to fish it, it is a stocked lake. I was told it was 75k to build and is spring feed so even with our drought this is the level! I am not a duck/water fowl hunter, but was told that is the design???IMG_9173.JPG IMG_9174.JPG IMG_9200.PNG IMG_9176.JPG IMG_9175.JPG IMG_9174.JPG thoughts??

OH and I forgot to mention that this has never been hunted and is a sanctuary and bedding area as we found many bedding plots around the lake and that is exactly what I want to continue so we have some place to "hold" the herd safely! - Food, shelter, sex and water - what else do they need.

Congrats! You'll be slinging steel at ducks before you know it. Lake looks awesome and is such a nice property feature to have on your land.

That is exactly why we picked this up - i love water and this wasnt even on the market but the guy wanted to get rid of it, i probably didnt get the best price but thats how it is i guess!

Congrats on the land acquisition. The map didn't help me understand your original and what you added. Guess I missed something.

The bedding area and water will be great additions. Enjoy the journey. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the land acquisition. The map didn't help me understand your original and what you added. Guess I missed something.

The bedding area and water will be great additions. Enjoy the journey. Thanks for sharing.

You didnt miss anything I am just not good at the map thingy!! The water area up front is the add and my original area is 106 separated by 10 acres we should have purchased with our main area, the realtor tried to get me to buy it but I just didnt want to spend the additional 20K at the time! He told me that I should get it so I could control the neighbor now it is the small wedge I have to gain access! When we looked at it there were bedding areas all around the lake and I love the idea of having a fishing spot once Gkids come into the picture!!
Our opening day for Gun is Saturday so Ill see how they work the trails!
C

Back